- 14 hrs ago Citroen CC21 Compact-SUV Spied Testing In Bangalore Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Renault Kiger Waiting Period Increases: 16-Week Waiting Period For The Small SUV
- 19 hrs ago New Kia Cars Finance Offers Announced In India In July 2021: Partners With ICICI & Yes Banks
- 22 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta Price Increase Announced: 2 Percent Price Hike Effective From August
- Movies Hansal Mehta Speaks In Support Of Shilpa Shetty; Calls Out Celebs For Remaining Silent On The Matter
- News Jiah Khan’s death: CBI court to hear case
- Technology OnePlus 10 Pro Concept Renders: Under-Display Camera And More
- Finance Your Demat Or Trading Account Will Be Deactivated From Today If You Don’t Do This
- Sports Tokyo 2020: India's Kamalpret Kaur qualifies for discus throw final
- Education CBSE 12th Marksheet: How To Download CBSE 12th Marksheet Online?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
- Lifestyle Food Combinations That Are Bad For Your Kid's Health
BMW Motorrad announces the upcoming launch of the 2021 R 1250 GS BS6 In India. The company has teased the R 1250 GS adventure motorcycles via its social media handles saying "The King of Adventure with a thirst for limitless thrills! Are you ready? The new BMW R 1250 GS and GS Adventure are coming soon."
The 2021 R 1250 GS will be arriving in two models: Standard & Adventure. They are likely to be sold as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. As a result, Prices could start at around Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.
The R 1250 GS is BMW Motorrad's flagship adventure-touring motorcycle. For the MY2021, the company has made several changes over the previous model. This includes updated design, engine, electronics package and new colours.
- Triple Black
- Light White
- Triple Black
- Ice Grey
The 2021 R 1250 GS has not changed much in terms of design as compared to the older model. At the front, the ADV continues to feature the uniquely designed headlamp, front beak and an adjustable windscreen.
The rider sits upright and comfortable on the large motorcycle featuring a single-piece raised handlebar, well-cushioned seats, off-road biased grippy footpegs and the fuel tank featuring ample knee recess for the rider to stand up and ride the motorcycle.
Other design features:
- Knuckle guards
- Crash protectors
- Tyre hugger
- Engine sump guard
- Optional pannier storage boxes
Engine & Perfromance
The new R 1250 GS continues to use the twin-cylinder 1254cc engine in boxer configuration, which is now updated to Euro5 \ BS6 emission standards. The engine comes paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assist clutch as standard. The rear wheel is shaft driven as opposed to chain drive in most motorcycles.
- Max power: 134bhp at 7,750rpm
- Peak torque: 143Nm at 6,250rpm
The ADV motorcycle features three riding modes: Eco, Road & Rain. Customers can choose the options Pro riding modes that feature four additional riding modes.
Feature, Technology & Electronic Rider Aids
The 2021 R 1250 GS features a 6.5-inch TFT instrument cluster with the BMW Bluetooth connectivity as standard. All features of the motorcycle can be controlled via switchgear and the TFT display.
The connected technology allows the owner to pair the motorcycle to the BMW Motorrad Connected App for trip tracking, riding behaviour, locating the motorcycle and a host of other features.
- USB socket
- Integral ABS Pro
- Hill Start Control (HSC)
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Six-axis IMU
- Full-LED lighting
The Standard variant features a 20-litre fuel tank, while the Adventure features a long-range 30-litre fuel tank.
Suspension, Brake & Wheels
The R 1250 GS features fully adjustable suspension units at both ends. The company also offers an optional electronically adjustable module for the suspension. As the Standard model is touring biased, it features alloy wheels. On the other hand, the Aventure model features spoked alloy wheels for off-road use.
- Front: 37mm BMW Telelever USD Fork
- Rear: a mono-shock unit with a single side swingarm
- Front: Dual 305 mm disc brake with four-piston radial callipers
- Rear: Single 276mm disc brake with two-piston floating calliper
Wheels & Tyres
- Standard Front: 19-inch cast alloy wheels with 120/70 section tyres
- Standard Rear: 17-inch cast alloy wheels with 170/60 section tyres
- Adventure Front: 19-inch spoke wheels with 120/70 section tyres
- Adventure Rear: 17-inch spoke wheels with 170/60 section tyres
BMW Motorrad is also expected to offer a plethora of accessories to R 1250 GS customers to personalize their ADV as per their preference. This includes Dynamic package, Comfort package, Touring package and Lighting package; among others.
Thoughts About The 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased
BMW Motorrad India will soon launch their flagship adventure-touring motorcycle in the country. The R 1250 GS is known for its off-road and touring prowess and the new model is no different. The MY2021 features a host of equipment to take the rider beyond the tarmac. The R 1250 GS rivals the likes of the Ducati Multistrada V4 and the Triumph Tiger 1200.