- 11 hrs ago Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- 11 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle Flair Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.69 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Duster Turbo-Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Enyaq iV Electric SUV Design Sketches Officially Revealed: Here Are The Details!
- Sports Coco Gauff battles into quarter-finals in Lexington
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Lifestyle From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Yamaha XSR 155 is a retro-looking motorcycle that was launched in the international market back in 2019. The company is expected to launch the XSR 155 in the Indian market sometime during the end of this year.
According to Gaadiwaadi, the Japenese two-wheeler manufacturer is said to be working on bringing the retro-looking motorcycle to the Indian market. Once the motorcycle is launched, the XSR 155 is expected to be priced around 1.4 lakh, ex-showroom.
The XSR 155 is the smallest bike under the company's ‘Sport Heritage' line-up sold across the world. The global-spec model of the Yamaha XSR 155 with classic-retro design and a modern touch stands apart.
The motorcycle features a round-shaped headlight, and a sculpted muscular-looking fuel tank to give it a distinctive old-school design. Circular tail-lights, a single-pod instrument cluster, and a single-piece ribbed seat with pillion grab belt placed on the centre further add to the retro looks of the motorcycle.
The single-pod fully-digital instrument cluster offers a host of information to the rider. This includes a digital trip meter, fuel gauge, speedometer, gear indicator with ODO and trip indicator as well. The company has managed to neatly lay out all the information offered by the instrument cluster and can be read easily.
The powertrain of the XSR 155 is shared between the MT-15 and the R15 V3.0 motorcycles in the brand's line-up. The retro motorcycle is powered by a liquid-cooled single-cylinder 155cc engine with Yamaha's ‘VVA' technology. It produces 18.9bhp and 14.7Nm of torque and comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip assist clutch.
Other parts such as the frame, suspension and brakes are also shared between its 155cc siblings. The Yamaha XSR 155 uses a Steel-Deltabox frame and offer maximum rigidity while riding. The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by (USD) UpSide-Down forks at the front and a mono-shock set up at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is handled by a 282mm disc brake at the front and a 240mm disc brake at the rear. The bike is offered with a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Once launched, the Yamaha XSR 155 is expected to be placed below the MT-15 and the R15 V3.0 in the Indian market. It will also be the first neo-retro motorcycle that is expected to launch in the 150cc segment. The India-bound model is expected to retain most of its features as on the global-spec model. The only changed that could be made to India-specific model is replacing the front suspension with conventional forks, as featured on the R15 V3.0 model in India.
Thoughts About The Yamaha XSR 155 Retro Motorcycle India Launch Later This Year
The Yamaha XSR 155 is one of a kind motorcycle with its modern-retro design. The upcoming motorcycle could open up to a whole category in the 150cc segment in the country. The XSR 155 features comfortable and up-right rider ergonomics making for a comfortable city and highway commutes.