- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 10 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Yamaha Motor India has launched the much-awaited Bluetooth connected technology called the 'Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X' in the country. The FZS Dark Knight Edition becomes the first Bluetooth enabled motorcycle from the brand in the Indian market. The Bluetooth enabled FZS Dark Knight Edition retails at Rs 1.07 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The company has also announced that the Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Bluetooth technology' can be added to other models in the 150cc FZ range. Customers have to purchase a device which is offered as an add-on by the company at an additional cost.
The Bluetooth enabled FZS Dark Knight Edition will go on sale from November 1, 2020. Customers looking to book the new motorcycle can visit their nearest authorized dealerships that are available across the country.
The standard model of the FZS Dark Knight Edition was priced at Rs 1,05,200. After the Bluetooth update, the motorcycle is now priced at Rs 1,07,700 — an increase of Rs 2,500 in its pricing. Whether this will be the cost of the add-on charged by the company, remains to be seen.
The ‘Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X' works via a smartphone application that is available for both Android and iOS users. Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X can be enabled in just two simple steps of registration. The application is designed in a way that it enables the rider to connect to the bike by a ‘Single touch' on the mobile.
There are six main features in the Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Application. From the mobile device, the rider can access features like Answer Back, E-Lock, Locate My Bike and Hazard; among others. However, the turn-by-turn navigation seems to be missed out.
Using ‘Answer Back' feature on the application will engage the bike's blinker and horn beeping at the user. ‘E-Lock' function will help users to lock the bike remotely and prevent theft. ‘Locate my Bike' feature will activate the bike's indicators for 10 seconds continuously. Users can also activate all four indicators by using the ‘Hazard' function when in distress.
Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X also changes entire riding experience and indicates individual Trip details in the application like distance, average speed, brake count and battery voltage using ‘Riding History' function. Also, the ‘Parking Record' function will store the last parked location of the bike and helps navigate the rider from their current location to the bike using GPS.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of companies said, "We are committed to enhancing buying experience and personalized customer services (One to one Service) to the two-wheeler customers in India. We want to enhance the ride experience of our customers with connected technologies. The Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Application is set to be the most practical, convenient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity technology available for FZ customers in India & future we will expand to all the lineup of our two-wheelers. Each of the functionalities is methodically crafted to help the bikers with a seamless experience of convenience & safety."
Thoughts About The Yamaha Bluetooth Technology
The Bluetooth enabled technology has become extremely popular in recent time, due to its convenient features. Yamaha has launched a new technology on its popular FZ range of motorcycles catering to the current market demand. The company has confirmed that other models will also be receiving the features soon.