- 5 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 7 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 11 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- News Total lockdown in Bengaluru from today: What remains open, what stays closed
- Movies Pranav Mohanlal Turns 30: This Is How The Hridayam Actor Celebrated His Birthday!
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Ulka Gear has launched a new range of riding jacket in the India market. Prices for the jacket starts from Rs 8,999. The highlight of the newly launched riding jacket has to be its ability to convert into a backpack as well.
The company is offering two variant of the Hakkit riding jacket: V2 & Forever. The V2 is a base variant that is targeted for city use, while the Forever is a touring jacket that is priced at Rs 10,999. Both the jackets can be converted into backpacks offering ease of use.
The jackets are available in sizes ranging from XS to 3XL and come with a host of features. It is finished in 600 D Cordura fabric, and has Level 1 custom CE certified armours for enhanced crash protection.
These jackets have an adjustable waist liner, four water-resistant pockets, a waterproof rain cover that can be worn over the main jacket for added water protection, anti-bacterial inner lining, two front mesh intake, a large back mesh outlet, and YKK waterproof zippers. The waterproof rain jacket can also be worn inside providing enhanced wind protection.
The jacket can be easily converted into a backpack by hooking the arm sleeves to the side of the jacket and closing the main zipper. The jacket also has two hooks to carry it as a backpack. When converted to a backpack, the jacket features a space of 30-litre and can take up to 12kgs of the load. It is ideal to be carried as a helmet backpack when not used as a jacket.
Ulka is based out of India and was founded by Shahnawaz Karim, an ex-national circuit racer who also works with brands like BMW Motorrad and Triumph Motorcycles. The jackets are designed in Italy and are made in India as per the company's website. The Hakkit jackets can be bought online from Amazon or the company's website.
Speaking during the launch, Shahnawaz Karim, said "India has the largest motorcycle market in the world with almost 21 million units sold in 2019. When hitting the open roads, the biker's gears including helmet, jackets etc. is of paramount significance thus offering maximum functionality."
"Being an ex-national circuit racer and trainer myself, I understand the pulse of the motorcycle bikers and aim to provide with a motorcycling experience. We designed a convertible jacket which has weathered the test of time and aims to become one of the most iconic items of clothing for motorcyclists. I am optimistic that we would emerge in times to come as India's most efficient rider's apparel brand & global brand to reckon with," he further added.
Thoughts About The Ulka Hakkit Motorcycle Riding Jacket Launched In India
Motorcycle rider often has to carry their riding gear while they are on a pitstop. Some of these jackets and helmets are heavy and can be tiresome to carry it around while riders are not on their motorcycle. However, with the Hakkit, riders can easily wear their jackets as backpack along with their helmets stored inside.