- 7 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 10 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 11 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- News Pakistan 'pernicious cradle of terrorism': India at UNHRC
- Movies Shruti Haasan Slams Bodyshamers; Says She's Had Plastic Surgery And Isn’t Ashamed To Admit It
- Technology HTC Wildfire R70 With Triple Rear Cameras Launched In India
- Sports Tokyo Olympics-bound Indian athletes attend workshop to learn Japanese cultural sensitivity
- Lifestyle Anushka Sharma's Sequinned White Dress Is What We Want To Update Our Wardrobe With
- Finance Axis Bank Appoints New CFO
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
TVS launched the Star City Plus special edition last September, and most in the industry believed that TVS would launch an electric scooter or motorcycle next. The company's official website, however features a new teaser of the 2020 Star City Plus.
The all-new 2020 TVS Star City Plus is expected to launch on 25 January. The new motorcycle will be BS6 compliant, and will also receive a few cosmetic updates.
The teaser that has been published by the company on their social media site gives us a glimpse of the new bikini fairing, and an all-new LED headlight unit. The motorcycle might also feature LED DRLs. Other details about the new 2020 TVS Star City Plus remains scarce.
The front end of the motorcycle has been re-worked on, and this suggests that the side profile will get new panels with updated graphics. The motorcycle might also get a new, more comfortable seat and a chrome cover for the exhaust muffler.
The tail section of the Star City features a large grab rail and a stylish tail-light design (most likely to be LED). The engine, alloy wheels, and the exhaust pipe are all expected to get a blacked-out theme as seen on the previous model.
The 2020 TVS Star City Plus will feature a telescopic oil damped front suspension at the front, and five-step adjustable, hydraulic rear shock absorbers, making the ride comfortable, even over longer distances. Braking duties will be handled by a 130mm drum at the front, and a 110mm drum at the rear.
Mechanically, the 2020 TVS Star City is expected to draw power from the same single-cylinder, 110 cc engine, albeit in its BS6 avatar. Current-generation model of the Star City Plus produce 8.3bhp at 7,000rpm, and peak torque of 8.7Nm at 5,000rpm. The motor comes mated to a four-speed constant mesh transmission. We expect a slight drop in performance figures.
Thoughts About The 2020 TVS Star City Plus BS6
The motorcycle has been around in the market for quite some time, and is a brilliant commuter as far as the mileage and comfort goes. With all the updates the TVS Star City Plus will attract more customers. Once launched, it will go up against the likes of the Hero Passion XPro, and the Honda Dream Yuga.