- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 15 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
TVS Motor Company has launched the BS6-compliant version of its Star City+ commuter motorcycle in the Indian market. The new TVS Star City+ BS6 model is offered with a starting price of Rs 62,034, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The commuter-level motorcycle is offered in two variants, based on their paint scheme: monotone and dual-tone. The higher-spec dual-tone variant is priced at a slight premium of Rs 62,534, compared to the monotone base variant. The updated BS6 motorcycles are around Rs 7,600 costlier than their BS4 versions. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Talking about the changes made to the motorcycle, the new TVS Star City+ BS6 model now comes with new LED headlamps, updated design for the rearview mirror housing and a slightly updated fairing as well.
The new BS6-compliant TVS Star City+ now also features a semi-digital instrument cluster, along with a USB mobile charger, 5-way adjustable rear suspension setup and a dual-tone seat as well.
In terms of mechanicals, the new TVS Star City+ BS6 carries forward an updated BS6-compliant version of the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. The updated unit now produces 8bhp and 8.7Nm of peak torque, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
Braking on the new TVS Star City+ BS6 model continues to be through drum brakes at either end. This includes a 130mm and 110mm drums at the front and rear, respectively. The brakes are further supported by the brand's Combi-Braking technology as standard.
TVS has also introduced the BS6 Star City+ with an Eco-Thrust Fuel-Injection (ETFi) technology as well. This helps improve the fuel-efficiency figure on the Star City+ by approximately 15%, while also having improved the overall refinement as well. Fuel tank capacity on the commuter motorcycle remains unchanged at 10-litres.
Thoughts On The TVS Star City+ BS6 Motorcycle
The TVS Star City+ is a commuter-level motorcycle offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Star City+ is the latest bike from the brand to undergo the BS6 update. The new TVS Star City+ BS6 continues to rival the likes of the Bajaj Platina 110 and the Hero HF Deluxe in the Indian market.