- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 7 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 9 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 24 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports IPL 2020: Almost the perfect performance: Mumbai Indians bowling coach Shane Bond
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Is Pumped About Shooting In His Hometown Chandigarh For The First Time
- Finance Which ITR Form Is Pertinent To You As A Taxpayer?
- Lifestyle Navratri 2020: Significance Of Bengal Maha Navami
- News Free Covid vaccine promise in Bihar manifesto perfectly in order: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
TVS Motor Company has announced that their 110cc commuter motorcycle, the 'Sport' has created a new record for the 'Highest on-road fuel-efficiency achieved by a Motorcycle'.
The TVS Sport commuter motorcycle achieved a mileage figure of 110.12kmpl to enter the India Book of Records and the Asia Book of Records as well. The 110cc BS6-compliant motorcycle beat its own previous record of 2019 when it achieved 76.40kmpl from its BS4 model.
The record feat was achieved by Mr Pavitra Patro, who rode the motorcycle between the 8th and 13th of August 2020, as part of the United India Ride Series. Patro rode the TVS Sport a total distance of 1021.90km in 54 laps, consuming 9.28-litres of fuel in the process.
As mentioned earlier, the TVS Sport beat its own record of 2019. The older BS4 100cc version of the TVS Sport had entered the India and Asia book of Records last year for ‘Highest fuel-efficiency delivered by a motorcycle on the Golden Quadrilateral', after registering an on-road mileage figure of 76.40kmpl.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) - Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, said,
"We are delighted that TVS Sport stood true to its promise of being the Bharat ka Mileage Champion with a record-breaking feat again. TVS Sport bettered its record with significant improvement in fuel efficiency, garnering the astounding figure of 110.12kmpl owing to the BS-VI ET-Fi technology."
"Only last year, TVS Sport BS-IV created the maiden record with 76.4kmpl delivery. TVS Sport's unparalleled feat of achieving two consecutive records is a revalidation of the faith placed in it by over 2.5 million customers."
He further added, "We congratulate Mr Pavitra Patro for his persistence in achieving the highest on-road fuel efficiency recorded by a motorcycle. Asia Book of Records and India Books of Records both have acknowledged this achievement, and it is a matter of pride and joy for us, and every one of the 2.5 Million TVS Sport customers."
The TVS Sport BS6 motorcycle comes powered by a 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 8.2bhp at 7350rpm and 8.7Nm of torque at 4500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
Thoughts On The TVS Sport Record Mileage Figures
The TVS Sport has for the second time become a record-holder offering the highest fuel-efficiency figures for a motorcycle in the Indian market. The commuter motorcycle rivals the likes of the Hero Splendor Honda CD 110 Dream and a few other commuter offerings.