- 17 min ago Maruti WagonR Electric Hatchback Spied Testing Once Again In India
- 1 hr ago BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kamiq Snapped Testing Once Again In India: Here's Everything You Need To Know
- 1 hr ago Honda Is Likely To Introduce The Turbo-Petrol City RS In India
- News 5 down: UP cops gun down 2 associates of Vikas Dubey
- Movies Anubhav Sinha On How SRK-Starrer Ra.One Failure Affected Him: It Drains You; Haunts You For Years
- Finance CG Power Shares Locked In 5% Lower Circuit After Yes Bank Sells Part Stake
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Lifestyle Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
TVS Motor Company launched the TVS Scooty Pep Plus BS6 models starting at Rs 51,754, ex-showroom Delhi, earlier this year. The scooter will continue to be available in the Scooty Pep Plus Series, the Babelicious Series, and the Matte Edition Series, just as before.
However, TVS has revised the prices of the Scooty Pep Plus BS6 in India and now the scooter carries a starting price of Rs 52,554. The company has hiked the prices of all the three variants by Rs 800 and there have been no changes done to the specifications and features of the scooter.
The Scooty Pep Plus has several convenient features such as a mobile charger, a side stand alarm, under-seat storage, etc. The BS6 models also get features like LED DRLs, telescopic forks at the front, and a mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by 110 mm drum brakes at both ends.
The Scooty Pep Plus BS6 weighs just 93 kgs and has a low seat height of 768 mm that makes it easily approachable for even shorter riders. The ground clearance is 135 mm and the fuel tank capacity is 4.2 litres.
Mechanically the scooter is powered by an 87.8cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant fuel-injected engine for better performance and fuel economy. The engine produces 5bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 5.8 Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. The transmission here is a CVT unit with torque sensor.
In other related TVS news, the company increased the price of Jupiter BS6 scooter. The prices have been increased by around Rs 651 across all variants of the scooter. The Jupiter now retails at a starting price of Rs 62,062. The TVS Jupiter BS6 is sold in three variants: ‘Standard', ‘ZX' and ‘Classic'.
Powering the TVS Jupiter BS6 model is a 110 cc single-cylinder engine that now features fuel-injection technology for better refinement, increased fuel-efficiency and enhanced performance. It produces 7.4bhp of power at 7000rpm and a peak torque of 8.4Nm at 5500rpm.
Thoughts About The TVS Scooty Pep Plus Price Hike
The increase in the price of the Scooty Pep Plus is significant, considering the upgrades done to the BS6 models. Besides, the Scooty models have done well for the company in the past, and we expect the BS6 compliant models will continue to do the same.