- 46 min ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 1 hr ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 17 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports John Cena labels Bollywood star Ranveer as "Stone Cold Singh"
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- News Punjab announces 4 week extension of lockdown
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title For Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
TVS Radeon BS6 motorcycle specs have been revealed ahead of launch by the company. The specs of the commuter motorcycle were revealed on the company's official website.
The company is expected to launch the Radeon BS6 motorcycle in India sometime in the next two months. The TVS Radeon is a unique commuter motorcycle that appeals to both young and mature buyers in India.
TVS Radeon BS6 motorcycle will be powered by the same 109.7cc engine that powered the older models. The company claims a 15% improvement in the fuel economy over the BS4 model due to the inclusion of fuel injection.
The updated BS6 engine now produces 8.08bhp of peak power at 7,350rpm and 8.7Nm of peak torque at 4,500rpm. The engine will continue to come mated to a four-speed gearbox. The same engine in BS4 format produced 8.2bhp at 7,000rpm and 8.7Nm at 5,000rpm.
The Radeon BS6 motorcycle will be available in two variants: standard and the top-spec model called the "Commuter Bike Of The Year Edition". The latter could be a limited edition motorcycle available during the time of launch. More details will be revealed near to the launch.
The TVS Radeon BS6 standard variant will be offered in six colours: pearl white, royal purple, golden beige, metal black, volcano red, and titanium grey. While the top-of-the-line variant will be offered in two paint schemes: chrome brown and chrome black.
The changes between both variants are not only limited to colours, the "Commuter Bike Of The Year Edition" will feature front disc brakes, tank pads for thigh support, petrol tank cushion, premium seat design, chrome rear-view mirrors, and new graphics as well. Apart from this, the motorcycle will continue to feature halogen headlamps with integrated LED DRL, LED tail lamps, and a rear-mounted luggage rack for added convenience.
The upcoming BS6 model is expected to feature the same mechanicals that is featured on the BS4 models. This includes telescopic forks at the front, and dual-shocks setup at the rear.
Braking duties on the motorcycle will be handled by drum brakes at both ends, with optional disc brake at the front on the top-spec variant. The motorcycle will also feature synchronized braking technology as standard.
TVS is yet to reveal the prices for the upcoming commuter motorcycle. However, we expect the prices for Radeon BS6 to start at around Rs 60,000, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The TVS Radeon BS6 Specs Revealed
The TVS Radeon BS6 has registered good sales for the brand. The commuter motorcycle comes packed with a host of features, decent performance, and great mileage. With the engine receiving the fuel-injection, the power delivery is expected to be efficient and smoother compared to its BS4 counterpart.