- 10 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 12 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 13 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 16 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Finance Yes Bank Launches ' Loan In Seconds'
- Technology Amazon Best Of Tech 13th To 14th July: Discounts, EMI & Exchange Offers On Gadgets
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
TVS Motor Company has announced a hike in prices of their entry-level commuter motorcycle, the Radeon in the Indian market. The TVS Radeon BS6 bike now receives a marginal price hike of Rs 750 across all its variants in the Indian market.
TVS Motor launched the BS6-compliant Radeon motorcycle in India in early April this year. The company had then hiked the prices by up to Rs 8,600 as part of the BS6 update on the commuter motorcycle. Now, the company has brought in their second price hike on the 110cc commuter segment offering.
Prices for the new TVS Radeon bike now start at Rs 59,742 for the base-spec, while the top-trim comes in at Rs 65,742. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). To reiterate, the TVS Radeon is offered in three variants: Base, Drum and Disc.
Apart from the hike in prices, no other changes have been made to the BS6 TVS Radeon motorcycle. It continues to be powered by the same 109cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine producing 8bhp at 7,350rpm and 8.7Nm of peak torque at 4,500rpm. It is mated to a four-speed gearbox.
At the time of launch of the BS6 model, TVS claimed that the updated Radeon offers 15 per cent better fuel efficiency than its BS4 predecessor. TVS claims the BS6 Radeon returns a mileage of around 79km/l and comes with a 10-litre fuel tank capacity, giving it an impressive range.
TVS also recently hiked prices of their popular Apache RTR 160 4V and RTR 200 4V models in the Indian market. The price hike on the two models was around Rs 2,500 depending on the model and the variant chosen. Prices for the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and RTR 200 4V now start at Rs 1.02 lakh and Rs 1.27 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the details.
Thoughts On The TVS Radeon Price Hike
The price hike on the TVS Radeon is in line with many other manufacturers, who have also increased prices of their products in the Indian market. TVS's rival, Bajaj Auto also recently hiked prices of its entire product lineup in the country.
The price hike by manufacturers is part of their process to compensate for the loss of sales in April 2020.