- 41 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 17 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 18 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 21 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Bigg Boss 14 Grand Finale Replaces Kundali Bhagya On The Chart
- News Sharjeel Usmani moves HC, seeks quashing of FIR against him over speech
- Sports Doha feels like home – Kvitova after winning second Qatar Open title
- Education XLRI Sets Up A Centre For Gender Equality And Inclusive Leadership At Delhi-NCR Campus
- Technology Reliance Jio And Airtel Set Up 5G Towers In India: Ookla 5G Map
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
TVS Motor Company has launched its first all-electric iQube scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS iQube electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The new electric scooter from the Hosur-based brand will be offered initially in Bangalore alone. Deliveries is said to begin from the 27th of January 2020, while bookings for the electric scooter has now begun for an amount of Rs 5000. Bookings for the TVS iQube electric scooter can be done either online or through select dealerships in the city of Bangalore.
The TVS iQube electric scooter will come with a host of features and equipment. The electric scooter also features connected technology as well. The iQube is aimed towards the young, tech-savvy and environment-concerned customers.
Some of the features on the TVS iQube include LED headlamps, fully-digital instrument cluster, LED taillights and an illuminated logo as well. In terms of design, the TVS iQube electric scooter features a clean and simple design and will be available in a single white paint scheme.
Connected technology on the new TVS iQube electric scooter include Remote charging status, geo-fencing, last park location, navigation assist, incoming call/message alerts and a host of others as well.
Venu Srinivasan, Chairman, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor is driven by Customer-Centric Innovation. As India moves ahead, its mobility solutions would increasingly be total experience-led, nowhere is this felt sharper than among the youth of India. Our focus on the ‘Green & Connected' youth of India, is embodied, in the first of the TVS Electric portfolio. TVS iQube Electric is a blend of an advanced electric drivetrain and the next-gen TVS SmartXonnect platform."
Coming to the most important aspect of the iQube electric scooter, its powertrain. The new TVS iQube electric scooter will be powered by a 4.4kW electric motor which offers a top speed of 78km/h. TVS also claims that the electric scooter is capable of offering a maximum range of 75km while offering a 0 - 40km/h time of 4.2 seconds.
The iQube electric will also offer a home-charging system along with the scooter. While TVS also states that public charging stations will be set up for customer convenience. The scooter also comes with two modes: Economy & Power, while offering Q-park assist and regenerative braking as well.
Thoughts On The TVS iQube Electric Scooter
The TVS iQube electric scooter is the first pure-electric offering from the brand in the Indian market. The iQube electric scooter will rival the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.