- 2 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 4 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- 4 hrs ago Honda Activa 125 BS6 Models Recalled: Company To Replace Cooling Fan Cover And Oil Gauge
- Sports IPL 2020: Delhi Capitals' strong Indian core could be the key this season, says pacer Mohit Sharma
- Movies Karan Singh Grover To Return To TV Soon, But It's Not Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2!
- News Kolkata Police steps up vigil as a precautionary measure after Delhi violence
- Technology Oppo Reno 3 Pro Pre-Registrations Goes Live In India Ahead Of Launch
- Lifestyle 8 Signs There's No Emotional Intimacy In Your Relationship
- Finance Sitharaman Says This About Rs. 2000 Currency Notes
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
TVS Motor Company has launched its first all-electric iQube scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS iQube electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The new electric scooter from the Hosur-based brand will be offered initially in Bangalore alone. Deliveries is said to begin from the 27th of January 2020, while bookings for the electric scooter has now begun for an amount of Rs 5000. Bookings for the TVS iQube electric scooter can be done either online or through select dealerships in the city of Bangalore.
The TVS iQube electric scooter will come with a host of features and equipment. The electric scooter also features connected technology as well. The iQube is aimed towards the young, tech-savvy and environment-concerned customers.
Some of the features on the TVS iQube include LED headlamps, fully-digital instrument cluster, LED taillights and an illuminated logo as well. In terms of design, the TVS iQube electric scooter features a clean and simple design and will be available in a single white paint scheme.
Connected technology on the new TVS iQube electric scooter include Remote charging status, geo-fencing, last park location, navigation assist, incoming call/message alerts and a host of others as well.
Venu Srinivasan, Chairman, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor is driven by Customer-Centric Innovation. As India moves ahead, its mobility solutions would increasingly be total experience-led, nowhere is this felt sharper than among the youth of India. Our focus on the ‘Green & Connected' youth of India, is embodied, in the first of the TVS Electric portfolio. TVS iQube Electric is a blend of an advanced electric drivetrain and the next-gen TVS SmartXonnect platform."
Coming to the most important aspect of the iQube electric scooter, its powertrain. The new TVS iQube electric scooter will be powered by a 4.4kW electric motor which offers a top speed of 78km/h. TVS also claims that the electric scooter is capable of offering a maximum range of 75km while offering a 0 - 40km/h time of 4.2 seconds.
The iQube electric will also offer a home-charging system along with the scooter. While TVS also states that public charging stations will be set up for customer convenience. The scooter also comes with two modes: Economy & Power, while offering Q-park assist and regenerative braking as well.
Thoughts On The TVS iQube Electric Scooter
The TVS iQube electric scooter is the first pure-electric offering from the brand in the Indian market. The iQube electric scooter will rival the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.