- 20 min ago TVS Apache RTR 200 Single-Channel ABS Variant Launched With Ride Modes: Prices Start At Rs 1.28 Lakh
- 37 min ago Omega Seiki Mobility Inaugurates Its First Dealership In Delhi: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago TVS Eurogrip Launches 11 New Tyres In India Catering To Two & Three Wheelers Segment
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- Movies Shehnaaz Gill & Badshah’s Fly Song Is A Treat For Shehnaazians; Sana Steals Limelight
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro With 5G Bags TENAA Certification; Launch Imminent
- Education Explore List Of Indian Universities In QS World University Ranking By Subject 2021
- News RailTel launches prepaid plans for Wi-Fi at more than 4000 railway stations in India
- Finance Taxpayer Alert! Tax-Related Tasks to Complete Before March 31 Deadline
- Sports IPL 2021: Delhi Capitals announce JSW as the principal sponsor for upcoming season
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Raises Temperature In Delhi As She Steps Out In A Light Yellow Saree For Panghat Song Launch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
TVS Motor Company has launched its first all-electric iQube scooter in the Indian market. The new TVS iQube electric scooter is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.15 lakh, on-road (Bangalore).
The new electric scooter from the Hosur-based brand will be offered initially in Bangalore alone. Deliveries is said to begin from the 27th of January 2020, while bookings for the electric scooter has now begun for an amount of Rs 5000. Bookings for the TVS iQube electric scooter can be done either online or through select dealerships in the city of Bangalore.
The TVS iQube electric scooter will come with a host of features and equipment. The electric scooter also features connected technology as well. The iQube is aimed towards the young, tech-savvy and environment-concerned customers.
Some of the features on the TVS iQube include LED headlamps, fully-digital instrument cluster, LED taillights and an illuminated logo as well. In terms of design, the TVS iQube electric scooter features a clean and simple design and will be available in a single white paint scheme.
Connected technology on the new TVS iQube electric scooter include Remote charging status, geo-fencing, last park location, navigation assist, incoming call/message alerts and a host of others as well.
Venu Srinivasan, Chairman, TVS Motor Company, said,
"TVS Motor is driven by Customer-Centric Innovation. As India moves ahead, its mobility solutions would increasingly be total experience-led, nowhere is this felt sharper than among the youth of India. Our focus on the ‘Green & Connected' youth of India, is embodied, in the first of the TVS Electric portfolio. TVS iQube Electric is a blend of an advanced electric drivetrain and the next-gen TVS SmartXonnect platform."
Coming to the most important aspect of the iQube electric scooter, its powertrain. The new TVS iQube electric scooter will be powered by a 4.4kW electric motor which offers a top speed of 78km/h. TVS also claims that the electric scooter is capable of offering a maximum range of 75km while offering a 0 - 40km/h time of 4.2 seconds.
The iQube electric will also offer a home-charging system along with the scooter. While TVS also states that public charging stations will be set up for customer convenience. The scooter also comes with two modes: Economy & Power, while offering Q-park assist and regenerative braking as well.
Thoughts On The TVS iQube Electric Scooter
The TVS iQube electric scooter is the first pure-electric offering from the brand in the Indian market. The iQube electric scooter will rival the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric and the Ather 450 in the Indian market.