- 9 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 11 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 11 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Technology Boult Audio Launches Combuds Earbuds In India: Cheapest TWS Earbuds?
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
TVS Motor Company has increased the prices for the Apache RTR 200 4V BS6 motorcycle in the Indian market. The two-wheeler manufacturer has hiked the prices of the motorcycle for the second time after its BS6 update earlier this year.
TVS has increased the prices of the Apache RTR 200 4V by Rs 1,050. The motorcycle is now priced at Rs 1.28 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Comparing this to the price announced during the time of the BS6 motorcycle launch, it was Rs 1.24 lakh, which is an increase of about Rs 4,000.
Talking about the BS6 motorcycles, TVS added a couple of new features to the Apache RTR 160 4V and the 200 4V. IT features new LED headlamps, resigned position lamps, feather touch start, new body graphics, and the brand's (GTT) Glide Through Technology to manoeuvre in stop-start traffic.
The RTR 200 4V features a Bluetooth enabled LCD instrument cluster that supports the brand's ‘SmartXConnect' connected technology. It offers a host of information including rider telemetry data as well.
Other features include a Race-Tuned slipper clutch, dual-channel ABS with rear lift mitigation, redesigned rear-view mirror and more. The 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V features a new fuel-injected 197.75 cc single-cylinder, four-valve, air/oil-cooled engine.
It produces a maximum power output of 20.2bhp at 8,500rpm, and a peak torque of 16.8Nm at 7,500rpm. In comparison, the BS4 model had a peak torque output of 18.1Nm at 7,000rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed gearbox.
Other mechanicals such as suspension setup and braking hardware have been carried forward from the BS4 model. The motorcycle features telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is done via petal disc brakes at both ends.
In related news, TVS has announced a price hike on the Ntorq 125 BS6 scooter. It too has received the second price hike from the company after the BS6 update. The scooter now retails at a starting price of Rs 67,885, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are more details.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Price Increase For The Second Time
Like most manufacturers, TVS has increased the prices of its RTR 200 4V motorcycle for the second time. There could be several reasons behind the price increase, the company is yet to give an official statement about the price hike. The increase is minimal and is not expected to affect sales of these motorcycles.