- 33 min ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 42 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 55 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- 1 hr ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Movies Hansal Mehta Slams Rhea Chakraborty's Media Trial; Says Media Is Not Competent To Examine The Case
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy M31s: OnePlus Nord, Oppo Reno4 And More
- Sports Marquez all set to return at Czech MotoGP
- News NEET Superspecialty Exam 2020 exam table released; register on natboard.edu.in before 24 August
- Lifestyle How To Fake A Thicker Hairline
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The TVS Apache RTR 180 received a price hike along with the BS6 upgrade in March, and now, it has received another hike in its prices. When the BS6 update happened in March, earlier this year, it carried a price tag of Rs 1,01,450. and has only a single variant. After the current hike, the motorcycle now costs Rs 1,03,950, which makes it Rs 2,500 more expensive (all prices are ex-showroom).
The TVS Apache RTR 180 gets features such as LED DRLs, semi-digital instrument cluster, racing graphics, large tank extensions, LED taillamp, single-piece seat, engine cowl, split pillion grab rail and alloy wheels. The motorcycle also gets telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking auties are handled by a 270 mm petal disc brake at the front and a 200 mm petal disc brake at the rear along with a single-channel Super-Moto ABS as standard.
Mechanically, the RTR 180 is powered by an updated 177.4 cc single-cylinder engine along with the company's Race Tuned Fuel Injection (RT-Fi). The BS6 engine also gets an oil-cooler and produces 16bho of maximum power at 8,500 rpm and 15.5Nm of peak torque at 7,000 rpm. The unit comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
In other recent TVS news, the company has recently increased the price of the TVS Apache RTR 160 BS6. The motorcycle is now priced at a hike of Rs 3,500 more, and now touches the Rs 1 lakh mark and is available in two variants - Drum and Disc. Mechanically, the motorcycle is powered by a 159.7 cc single-cylinder BS6-compliant short-stroke engine. The unit produces 14.8bhp of power and 13.9Nm of peak torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
TVS had earlier increased the prices for the Apache RTR 160 4V and the RTR 200 4V range of motorcycles. The prices have been increased by around Rs 2,500 depending on the model. New prices are listed on the company website.
Thoughts About The TVS Apache RTR 180 Price Hike
TVS has increased the price of its entire RTR series motorcycles. We do not know the exact reason, but we think that it is mainly because of losses incurred by the brand due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.