- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 15 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The TVS Apache RR310 launched in India back in 2017 and became a hit for the Indian two-wheeler manufacturer. Now, according to GaadiWaadi, the company is expected to launch the BS6 version of the entry-level sports bike on January 25, 2020. The motorcycle is also likely to get some cosmetic tweaks and some new features.
Some of the changes that the BS6 RR 310 will feature are an all-new fully-digital coloured instrument cluster, which is the biggest update done to the motorcycle, and a brand new dual-tone paint scheme with racing-inspired graphics. The RR 310 might also get a pair of better tyres than the current generations Michelin Pilot Street for better performance on the tracks.
Mechanically, the BS6 Apache RR 310 will draw power from the same 312cc single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine.
The current generation engine produces 34bhp of power at 9,700 rpm and 27.3Nm of peak torque and is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
But, there might be a variation in the power figures, thanks to the BS6 engine. Mostly, there is going to be a slight drop in power.
Other than these changes, the new BS6 RR 310 will remain mostly the same. The motorcycle will feature the same LED headlamps, LED taillights, dual-channel ABS and a slipper clutch and all of this comes as standard.
The Apache RR 310 has been designed extensively to provide top-notch aerodynamic performance. The motorcycle has also gone through 300 hours of wind -tunnel testing. T
he company has also designed a deflector cowl that diverts engine heat downwards and away from the rider's legs. And since all of these features will come in the BS6 RR 310, we are expecting the motorcycle to be smoother than before.
The current BS 4 model is priced at Rs 2.27 Lakh (ex-showroom). So, the new BS6 variant might be priced at a premium over the current generation model. The BS6 Apache RR 310 could be priced at Rs 2.50 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The BS6 Apache RR 310
The RR310 is the current flagship model from TVS's portfolio and once the company launches the BS6 RR 310, it will go up against the likes of the KTM RC390, BMW G 310 R and Bajaj Dominar 400.