- 37 min ago Emissions & PUC Tests Become Centralised — Your Vehicle Can Now Get A Rejection Slip For Pollution
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors’ Strides In The Commercial Vehicle Segment: Long Haulage With Tata Trucks
- 19 hrs ago From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- 1 day ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- Finance Government Open To More Measures To Boost Economy: CEA
- News Reform comes by sacrificing, not questioning: Salman Khurshid slams G-23
- Sports WTC Final: Shubman Gill talks about his dismissal off Neil Wagner, says 'I couldn't have done much'
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Movies Father's Day 2021: Ankita Lokhande, Tina Datta, Gautam Rode & Other TV Celebs Wish Their Super Dads!
- Technology Samsung Processor With AMD RDNA2 GPU To Launch In July
- Education International Yoga Day 2021: Try These 5 Yoga Exercises To Improve Posture While Working From Home
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
TVS Motor Company has announced that their 'Apache' range of premium motorcycles has achieved a new global milestone, after registering over 4 million units of sales since its introduction in the Indian market.
The TVS Apache series was launched in India by the Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer, back in 2005. Today, the TVS Apache series is said to be the fastest-growing premium motorcycle range in the country.
The motorcycle range consists of both Naked and SuperSport offerings. The Naked streetfighter models under the range come in the form of RTR Series. This consists of the RTR 160, RTR 160 4V, RTR 180 and the RTR 200 4V. The SuperSport series was started in 2017 with the launch of the RR310.
The TVS Apache RR310 is also their flagship model across its entire product lineup and comes with a host of features, equipment and technology. The motorcycle is currently one of the most successful models in its segment, mainly thanks to its stylish looks, robust build and strong riding dynamics and superior performance.
K.N. Radhakrishnan, Director & Chief Executive Officer, TVS Motor Company, said,
"It is a momentous day for us at TVS Motor Company, as we achieve the 4 million global sales milestone for our premium motorcycle brand, TVS Apache. Over the years, young and aspirational riders have shown keen interest in performance-oriented, premium motorcycles.
"As a result, the TVS Apache brand has garnered immense popularity amongst motorcycle enthusiasts globally. The platform of Apache motorcycles showcases the company's technological prowess, using years of experience and racing pedigree."
He further added, "With a range of motorcycles from 160cc to 310cc, our focus on premiumisation has resulted in us offering many segment-first features and best-in-class technologies to our customers including the RT-Fi engine tech, GTT (Glide Through Technology), Ride Modes, SmartXonnect, and Slipper Clutch."
To celebrate the occasion, TVS Motor Company collaborated with TVS Apache customers to create the ‘Longest Chequered Flag'. This flag was made at the brand's factory in Mysore and has officially entered the Asia and India Book of Records for being the longest chequered flag, with a length spanning 957 feet.
The flag is also said to have over 2000 images, sourced from its global customers, a way for the brand to express their gratitude towards customers who have faith in the brand.
Thoughts On The TVS Apache Global Sales Milestone
TVS Apache series has been on sale in India for over 15 years now. Over the years, the series has grown a lot, with the brand consistently upgrading and adding new models in the range. The TVS Apache RTR range takes on Bajaj Pulsar range in the Indian market.