- 5 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Street 750 Prices Reduced: Becomes More Affordable
- 6 hrs ago New Ford Freestyle 'Flair' Variant Spied At Dealership Yard: Launch Expected Soon
- 6 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts Around Independence Day: Here Are All The Benefits & Offers Available
- 7 hrs ago Ford Increases The Price Of The BS6 Endeavour For The Indian Market: Details & Specifications
- Sports England Vs Pakistan, 1st Test, Day 3, Highlights: Ben Stokes strikes late to give hosts fresh hopes
- News In Pics: Rescue operations at Air India Express crash site end; 17 dead
- Movies Air India Flight Crash: Bollywood Celebrities Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani And Others Send Prayers
- Technology Netflix User Interface Now Available In Hindi: Here's How To Avail
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked Stunning In Their Purple Sequin Saree?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Finance Delhi Govt Announces Electric Vehicle Policy With Upto Rs 1.5 Lakh Incentive
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Triumph Motorcycles will be launching the new Tiger 900 adventure motorcycle in India on June 19, this year. The company was expected to launch the adventure motorcycle in May, however, that got delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now the company has finally revealed the launch date, which will be held digitally. Also, Triumph has already started taking pre-bookings for the adventure motorcycle at a token of Rs 50,000.
Globally, the Tiger 900 is available in two versions - standard and pro. The one which is going to launch in our country is likely to be the standard version just like with the Tiger 800 models. There's a lot that's gone into the Tiger 900 and the motorcycle gets a new engine and a better electronics package.
The new Tiger 900 gets safety and electronic features such as an IMU-based ABS system co-developed with Continental, a bi-directional quick shifter, six riding modes - Rain, Rider, Road, Sport, Off-Road, and Off-Road Pro, and the My Triumph connectivity module as standard on the pro trims.
Mechanically, the new Triumph Tiger 900 will be powered by an all-new BS6 compliant 888cc inline three-cylinder engine. The new engine produces 94bhp of power and 87Nm of peak torque (94bhp and 79Nm on the Tiger 800). However, in the Tiger 900, the peak torque kicks in at 7250rpm, while it used to peak at 8050rpm on the older models. The new Tiger also has a deeper exhaust note, thanks to the new 1-3-2 firing order (1-2-3 on the Tiger 800).
The Tiger 900 GT gets the Marzocchi suspension units and the Rally Pro version gets the Showa suspension setup. Braking duties on both motorcycles are handled by Brembo Stylema calipers with a twin-disc setup at the front and a single disc at the rear.
In Other recent Triumph Motorcycle news, the company recently launched the Black-Edition versions of the T100 and T120 models in its Bonneville range. The Triumph Bonneville T100 Black Edition and T120 Black Edition are priced at Rs 8.87 lakh and Rs 9.97 lakh, respectively (all prices are ex-showroom India).
Thoughts On The New Triumph Tiger 900
The Tiger 800s were priced between the Rs 12 to 15.2 lakh ex-showroom mark. keeping that in mind, we expect the Tiger 900 to carry a price tag between Rs 13.5 to 16 lakh ex-showroom. Once launched, the Tiger 900 will go up against the likes of the Ducati Multistrada 950 and the newly BMW F900 XR.