- 10 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Accessories List Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Is The Complete List
- 12 hrs ago Triumph Trident Is In Its Final Testing Phase: Expected To Launch Sometime Next Year
- 12 hrs ago Ampere Launches New Electric Scooter Variants: Gets Added Features, Improved Mileage & More
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Irresistible Offers On Electronics Gadgets
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Young Gill, Mavi and Nagarkoti shine in Knight Riders' big win over Royals
- Movies Thani Oruvan 2: The Jayam Ravi-Mohan Raja Project To Start Rolling In February 2021?
- Education SSC CGL Tier 3 Result 2020: Check Skill Test And Document Verification Details
- News Karnataka to effect steep hike in penalty for not wearing masks
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Pune-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Techo Electra, launched the Saathi electric moped in the Indian market. The scooter is only available in single variant and retails for Rs 57,697, on-road, Pune.
According to the reports from Financial Express, the company will start delivering the scooter to customers from September. Customer looking to purchase the scooter can book the scooter on the brand's website.
Speaking about the scooter itself, it is targeted towards last-mile connectivity that also offers utilitarian features such as a luggage rack at the rear and a basket at the front. This can be an ideal scooter for product delivery service.
Apart from enhanced practicality, the scooter features a flat-seat that is adequate for a single person. The Saathi also features LED headlamps, taillamps and turn-signal indicators, central locking system, smart repair function, and fast charging.
Speaking of charging, the scooter features a maximum riding range of up to 60 kilometres on a single charge. The electric powertrain consists of a (BLDC) Brushless DC hub-mounted motor that draws power from a 48V 26 Ah Li-ion battery. The scooter's top speed is rated at 25km/h.
The company claims that the scooter can be charged to 100 per cent between 3 and 4 hours. In addition to fast charging, the reports also suggest that scooter to feature regenerative braking, which will result in enhanced riding range. The company also claims that moped will take just 1.5 units per charge, which works translates to Rs 12 in riding cost for 60 kilometres.
The measurements for the electric moped read as 1720mm in length, 620mm in width and x 1050mm in height. The company has used a steel-reinforced chassis on the electric scooter for a sturdy build. The scooter weighs less than 50kg without the battery.
The company is also offering the Saathi electric moped with a three-year warranty for added convenience. This includes 12 months for the motor and controller and 1.5 years warranty on the charger.
Other mechanicals on the scooter includes telescopic fork at the front and a dual-shock suspension at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is done via drum brake at both ends supported by CBS. However, the images show a disc at the front which could be a possibility later. It uses 10-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres. At both ends.
Thoughts About The Techo Electra Saathi Electric Moped Launched In India
The Techo Electra Saathi cater to a wide variety of buyers who are looking for a scooter to travel short distances. With its enhanced practicality, it will also attract fleet operators and delivery companies. The Techo Electra Saathi will rival the recently launched Gemopai Miso electric scooter in the Indian market.