- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 7 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 9 hrs ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- 24 hrs ago BGauss Inaugurates Its First Showroom In Maharashtra: Read More To Find Out
- Sports IPL 2020: Almost the perfect performance: Mumbai Indians bowling coach Shane Bond
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Is Pumped About Shooting In His Hometown Chandigarh For The First Time
- Finance Which ITR Form Is Pertinent To You As A Taxpayer?
- Lifestyle Navratri 2020: Significance Of Bengal Maha Navami
- News MP bypolls: Pilot to campaign for Cong candidates
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale On Smartphones And Other Electronics Gadgets
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited has released teasers of the Gixxer SF 250 and Gixxer 250 on its official website, indicating that they will be launched soon in our markets. Suzuki showcased the Gixxer twins at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. Both motorcycles were scheduled to launch much before but were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bookings for the BS6 Gixxer 250 twins had commenced at the time of their unveiling at Expo and the token amount at selected dealers in Mumbai and Delhi is Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively. Also, Suzuki launched the India-made Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and Gixxer 250 motorcycles in the Japanese market last month. However, we expect that the company will launch the motorcycles in India as soon as the lockdown is lifted.
Earlier a leaked brochure revealed the BS6 engine specifications of both the Gixxer twins. The motorcycles continue to be powered by a 249cc, single-cylinder, oil-cooled, fuel-injected engine. Due to the BS6 upgrade, the engine now produces 26.1bhp of power and 22.2Nm of peak torque, which is 0.4bhp and 0.4Nm decrease in the power and torque figures when compared to the BS4 model.
Apart from the engine upgrade, the BS6 Gixxer 250 will remain the same and will carry forward all the features from the older models. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 measures 2,010mm in length, 805mm in width, 1,035mm in height. The motorcycle also has the same wheelbase of 1,340mm and 165mm of ground clearance. The Gixxer twins have a seat height of 800mm.
The BS6 Gixxer 250 will be available in two colours: Metallic Matte Black and a dual-tone Metallic Matte Silver/Metallic Matte Black. On the other hand, the BS6 Gixxer SF 250 will come in three colours: Metallic Matte Black, Metallic Matte Platinum Silver, and Metallic Triton Blue with MotoGP livery.
Other features on the motorcycles include telescopic front forks and a mono-shock suspension at the rear, an LED light setup at the front and the rear, and a redesigned full-digital instrument console. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The BS6 Gixxer Twins
Both motorcycles offer a comfortable and upright riding position that is suitable for both a city commute and longer journeys. The BS4 version of the Gixxer 250 is priced at Rs 1.60 lakh and the Gixxer SF 250 is priced at R 1.71 lakh (All prices ex-showroom) and we expect the BS6 variants to be priced at a premium of Rs 5,000 to Rs 7,000.