- 13 min ago Mahindra eKUV100 Launch Timeline Officially Revealed: Three New Vehicles In Pipeline
- 23 min ago Harley-Davidson ‘Serial 1’ e-Bicycle Unveiled: Inspired By Brand’s First-Ever Motorcycle From 1903
- 55 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- Sports IPL 2020: "If Rohit Sharma is not fit, what is he doing in Mumbai Indians dugout," asks Virender Sehwag
- Lifestyle Shiitake Mushrooms: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- Technology Twitter Launches 'Topics' Feature For Indian Users: How To Find Topics On Twitter?
- Movies Mrunal Thakur Says She Used To Cut Shahid Kapoor's Pictures And Get Scolded By Her Parents
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Mumbai Police receives 10 Gixxer SF 250 motorcycles to their fleet of vehicles. Suzuki Motorcycle India handed over the 250cc motorcycle to help with patrolling as a part of brand's (CSR) Corporate Social Responsibility.
The company has already handed over a couple of motorcycles to Surat and Vijaywada police department as well. These motorcycles are customized to meet the requirements of a patrolling officer.
Staring with the paint scheme of the motorcycle, these patrolling vehicles feature an exclusive white colour scheme that is not available on normal motorcycles. Along with that are the side decals which says POLICE in red placed below the fuel tank.
The front of the motorcycle, the motorcycle receives new red and blue beacons placed on either side of the front fairing. It also features a new raised two-part windscreen to offer added protection to the officer as well. The top part of the windscreen also has POLICE decals finished in black and white colours.
At the rear of the motorcycle, there are a couple of pannier storage boxes mounted on either side of the motorcycle. These boxes can hold a significant amount of luggage and are also finished in a white and black paint scheme. The patrol vehicle also features a blue beacon placed on top of a pole placed next to the pannier box.
Speaking about the motorcycle itself, the Gixxer SF 250 is powered by a 249cc, single-cylinder with oil intercooler producing maximum power of 26.4bhp at 9,300rpm and a peak torque of 22.2Nm at 7,300rpm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle features telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set-up at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard. Other features include LED lighting across the motorcycle, and an LCD digital instrument cluster offering a host of information to the rider.
In related news, the company has rolled out its 50th lakh motorcycle from its manufacturing facility in Gurugram. The 50th lack vehicle is a Gixxer SF 250 BS6 MotoGP Edition, which has become a celebratory unit — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Handed Over To Mumbai Police
Suzuki Motorcycle India is committed to helping the department in serving the nation. The company is following its CSR initiatives by regularly providing custom made motorcycles to various enforcement department in the country. The motorcycles have been adequately accessorised to help officials on their patrolling duty.