- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- News Woman constable transferred hours after arresting son of Gujarat minister
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Sports "I always looked up to Sardar Singh, his discipline was infectious," says India Colts midfielder Vishal Antil
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Suzuki has launched the Gixxer 250 BS6 motorcycle in the Indian market. The company has launched both the 250 and the fully-faired SF 250 motorcycle with prices starting at Rs 1.63 lakh, and 1.74 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The company has also launched the Gixxer SF 250 Moto GP BS6 edition priced at Rs 1,74,900, ex-showrooms (Delhi). The Gixxer 250 is available in dual-tone Metallic Matte Silver/Black and single-tone Metallic Matte Black, while the SF 250 is offered in Metallic Matte Platinum Silver and Metallic Matte Black.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 BS6 models are powered by the same engine as seen on the BS4 models, that complies with the latest emission norms. The single-cylinder air/oil-cooled 249cc engine produces 26bhp at 9300rpm and 22.2Nm at 7300rpm — 0.4Nm of torque lower than the BS4 models. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
Speaking at the time of the launch, Mr Koichiro Hirao, Managing Director, Suzuki Motorcycle India, said, "We are pleased to introduce the BS6 GIXXER SF 250/ 250 in the Indian market. Inspired by the legendary motorcycles: Hayabusa and GSX-R, GIXXER brand resonates performance, style, and sportiness in the country. With BS6 update the GIXXER 250 series engine will produce lesser emission with enhanced performance, making it even more desirable to own."
Apart from the updated engine, the motorcycle remains unchanged and continues to borrow all its features and components from the BS4 models. The dimension too remains unchanged and reads 2,010mm in length, 805mm in width, 1,035mm in height, and has the same wheelbase of 1,340mm. The motorcycle sits 165mm off the ground and has a rider seat height of 800mm with weighing 165kgs (dry).
Both motorcycles come equipped with complete LED headlamps, taillights and turn indicators, an LCD digital instrument cluster that offers a host of information to the rider and a muscular looking tank to enhance the naked-street design on the Gixxer 250 motorcycle.
The motorcycle features telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock suspension set-up at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at either end, supported by dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will rival the Duke 250, the Yamaha FZ 25 and the recently launched Bajaj Dominar 250. The motorcycles come well equipped to take on the rivals, and produces more power than the Domniar 250 and the Yamaha FZ 25.
Suzuki has announced that more than 50 per cent of its dealerships have resumed operations across India by complying with Government guidelines. The company will start to dispatch the Gixxer 250 motorcycle in the coming weeks and consumers will be able to get the delivery of the motorcycles by mid-June.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India
Suzuki has launched the Gixxer 250 motorcycle with only an engine update and not much has changed in terms of features. As a result, the price increase on the 250cc motorcycle is not as much as its younger sibling, the Gixxer 150s received when they got updated to BS6 standards.