- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 21 hrs ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 23 hrs ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- 24 hrs ago BMW iX SUV Launch Set For Dec 13 — Here's Everything You Need To Know
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Movies 420 IPC Trailer Out! Vinay Pathak And Ranvir Shorey’s Film Is Going To Leave You Intrigued
- Technology Instagram Tips: How To Create Custom Sticker & Upload Multiple Photos On Instagram
- Sports La Liga feature: A very special goal from Vinicius
- News Parliament roundup: On day 3, From ‘no record of farmers’ death to dip in terror attacks in J&K since 2018
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
- Lifestyle Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
Bangalore based electric scooter startup, Simple Energy, announced its latest achievement of driving range confirmed by ARAI. According to the company, the electric scooter travelled over 230 kilometres on a single battery charge, while testing at (ARAI) Automotive Research Association of India.
The company also announced that the prototype electric scooter was being tested in ECO mode. The electric scooter features a 4-kilowatt hour battery pack that has been developed in-house by Simple Energy.
According to the company, the electric scooter is also capable of reaching a top speed of 103km/h, breaking the 100km/h barrier. The charging time for the electric scooter as rated by the company is 40 minutes and 17-minutes via a home charger and fast charger, respectively.
The electric scooter is claimed to have a 0 to 50km/h acceleration time of 3.6 seconds, which will make it one among the fastest e-scooter when launched. Other features include an IP67-rated touchscreen display along with connected technology. Simple Energy also states that the electric scooter will be localized between 80 and 90 per cent for manufacturing.
The founders Suhas & Shreshth have completed "Mark 1" prototype of the electric scooter on their own. However, the team has been working on developing the production model ‘Mark 2' and are actively looking to raise investments.
During the time of launch, Simple Energy plans to have four experience centres in major cities, along with two smaller cities across the country. The company will also provide exclusive Simple Energy dealerships to service centres.
The Founder of Simple Energy, Mr Suhas Rajkumar says, "There exists a humongous gap between what the consumers want and what they receive. In the past, there was no electric two-wheeler Indian brand addressing the pain points of long-range, fast charging, value for money electric scooters."
He further added, "We identified these pain points and have been relentlessly working towards it. We started Simple Energy with a mission and the response we have received from the people is unbelievable, we have received over 1000 people enquiring for pre-booking for our Mark 2 when it is still in development."
Thoughts About The Simple Energy Electric Scooter ARAI Range Announcement
According to the latest electric riding range figures confirmed by ARAI, the company has achieved a huge 230+ kilometres range on a single charge. With the figures confirmed by the ARAI, the anticipation on the Simple Energy electric scooter has increased even further. Whether the humongous range will translate in real-world conditions remains to be seen.