- 8 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 10 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Space From Previous Week
- 23 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 1 day ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty Summoned Again By ED On Monday After Questioning Her Brother For 18 Hours
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- News Atmanirbhar: The complete import embargo list of Defence Ministry
- Sports CPL 2020: Leading wicket-takers of Caribbean Premier League, Dwayne Bravo tops the list
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Chennai-based company, Royal Enfield, is gearing up to launch an all-new motorcycle in its 350cc line-up. Called the Meteor, is a retro-looking motorcycle that is expected to replace the Thunderbird X range of motorcycles when launched in the Indian market.
Ahead of its launch, the motorcycle has been spotted testing. Spy images from Gaadiwaadi showcase a sans camouflage mule revealing most features of the upcoming motorcycle. Royal Enfiled is expected to launch the motorcycle sometime during the festive season.
The Meteor was supposed to arrive much earlier in the Indian market. However, like most products this year, the launch plans for the motorcycle were delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
The Meteor 350 has been spied several times testing in India and most of the design, features and equipment expected on the motorcycle has been revealed ahead of its launch. Starting with the design, it is expected to feature a bobber-style design with a larger sculpted fuel tank and round-shaped headlamps adding to the retro looks of the motorcycle.
The spy images also reveal an all-new single-pod semi-digital instrument cluster. The instrument cluster features an analogue speedometer and tachometer reading. This means that the new console could have both the digital and analogue readout to indicate the speed.
Apart from this, the digital display is also expected to offer a host of information to the rider. This includes an ODO meter, trip meter, fuel gauge, distance to empty, average speed, and gear indicator; among others.
The switchgear on the upcoming motorcycle has also been revised. It now features two round dial switches to operate headlights and engine kill function that are placed on either side of the handlebar.
Going by earlier reports of the company working on a Bluetooth enabled instrument console, the Meteor could be the first motorcycle to feature smartphone pairing technology from the brand.
However, the biggest change on the new motorcycle will be an all-new powertrain from the brand. It will be an all-new (OHC) OverHead Camshaft set up of the current 346cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine.
The new setup on the engine is expected to make it more refined, offer better fuel efficiency, and above all, offer increased performance over the current tappet-valve UCE engines. The power and torque outputs could be improved as well. The current 346cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engines produces 19.1bhp and 28Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Meteor Production Ready Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The motorcycle launch has been delayed in the India market due to the current crisis in the country. However, operations and businesses are reaching their normalcy and we expect the launch to happen soon. The Meteor will be a breakthrough model for the brand in the 350cc segment.