- 23 min ago Skoda Vision IN Spotted Testing For First Time In India Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crosses 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark: Detailed Report
- 18 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil Voting Process: How To Vote For Ramya Pandian, Suresh Chakravarthy & 9 Others?
- News PM Modi interacts with SVANidhi beneficiaries from UP, to virtually distribute loans
- Technology Airtel Eyes $1 Billion Cloud-Based Communication Platform; Joins Hands With Swiggy, Justdial
- Sports Sanjay Manjrekar feels KL Rahul's selection in Test team based on IPL performance sets 'bad precedent'
- Finance Angel Broking Zooms 20% On Highest-Ever Profit In Q2FY21
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
Royal Enfield is preparing to launch the first of many new motorcycles. The brand is expected to introduce a slew of motorcycle starting with the Meteor in the Indian market. The upcoming motorcycle will feature a couple of new features, new technology and an all-new engine.
According to the latest reports from Rushlane, the company is expected to launch the motorcycle sometime in the last week of September. It is yet to be confirmed officially from the company.
Ahead of its launch, information regarding many new features and technologies that are expected on the Meteor have been leaked. According to the report, it will be offered in three variants: Fireball, Stellar and Supernova.
Each variant will be offered with a specific set of features list. This includes both cosmetic features such as decals and paint scheme along with functional features such as windscreen and wheel-type — here are more details.
One among the biggest upgrade will be the new Bluetooth enabled digital instrument console. It will also feature the brand's onboard navigation system enabled via Bluetooth smartphone connectivity.
The instrumentation on the motorcycle will include a large pod which could be reserved for the speed, tachometer and trip details, while the smaller pod will feature the navigation system and more. A similar setup can be seen on the upcoming Royal Enfield 650cc cruiser motorcycle, which has been spied testing recently in the country.
The Meteor carries the brand's retro design along with a bobber style elements. It features a larger sculpted fuel tank, a round-shaped headlamp, tail lamps and turn-signal indicators. The low-set turn indicator assembly at the rear adds to the bobber-looks.
Speaking about the all-new powertrain, the Meteor will feature a new engine that is based on the current 350 UCE unit. It will be an all-new (OHC) OverHead Camshaft set up of the current 346cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine.
The new setup on the engine is expected to offer more refinement, better fuel efficiency, and improved performance over the current UCE units. The current 346cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engines produces 19.1bhp and 28Nm of torque and comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
It is will be using a new modular J platform for chassis. However, it is expected to retain its suspension and braking setup from the Thunderbird models. This includes telescopic forks, twin-shocks at the rear and disc brakes at both ends. It could be offered with dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Meteor Expected Launch Timeline Revealed
The upcoming Meteor is among the highly anticipated motorcycle after the recent leaks about the on-board navigation system. The Meteor was expected to arrive much earlier in the country. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the company was forced to delay the launch plans. Whether the launch of the Meteor, marks the end of Thunderbird sales in India remains to be seen.