- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- 5 hrs ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 9 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- Movies Gajraj Rao Used To Take Lot Of Permissions During Badhaai Ho, Was Irritating Initially: Neena Gupta
- News Chhattisgarh naxal encounter: 1 CoBRA commando killed, another injured
- Sports AFC Cup, Preview: 'Tired' Bengaluru FC face Maldivian Side Maziya in play-offs first leg
- Finance Yes Bank To Be Out Of Nifty From 27 March; Vodafone Idea To Be Dropped From Nifty Next 50
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Lifestyle Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Royal Enfield has launched the Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. The new BS6 Himalayan is offered with a starting price of Rs 1.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is offered with a host of new features, colours and a number of updates as well.
The new BS6 Himalayan is now offered with three new paint schemes: Gravel Grey, Lake Blue and Rock Red. These three new paint schemes will be offered with the standard colours carried forward from the previous model, which include Granite Black, Sleet Grey and Snow White.
Here are the colour-wise prices for the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6:
|Granite Black||Rs 1,81,811|
|Sleet Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Snow White||Rs 1,86,811|
|Gravel Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Lake Blue||Rs 1,91,401|
|Rock Red||Rs 1,91,401|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the three new paint schemes, the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 now also comes with a host of new features and equipment. This now includes switchable ABS, which can be controlled using a new switch on the console, to toggle between ABS activation and deactivation. The Royal Enfield Himalayan now comes equipped with Hazard toggle switch as well.
The new Himalayan carries forward the BS6-compliant version of the same 411cc engine used on the BS4 model. Although Royal Enfield hasn't updated the technical specifications of the BS6 engine on their website, we expect the power output of the Himalayan BS6 to remain almost identical. To reiterate, the BS4 version of the Royal Enfield Himalayan was producing 24bhp and 32Nm of torque from its 411cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 model remains unchanged. It carries forward the same mechanicals as well, this includes 21-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, long-travel suspension at both ends and a high ground clearance of 220mm.
Bookings for the new BS6 Himalayan have already started, with dealerships accepting bookings for the same. Deliveries of the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Royal Enfield has silently updated the Himalayan to comply with the BS6 emission norms, which is expected to be implemented from April 2020. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is the brand's first ADV offering and rivals the likes of the BMW G 310 GS, Kawasaki Versys X-300 and the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.