- 5 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 11 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 13 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Royal Enfield has launched the Himalayan BS6 in the Indian market. The new BS6 Himalayan is offered with a starting price of Rs 1.81 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is offered with a host of new features, colours and a number of updates as well.
The new BS6 Himalayan is now offered with three new paint schemes: Gravel Grey, Lake Blue and Rock Red. These three new paint schemes will be offered with the standard colours carried forward from the previous model, which include Granite Black, Sleet Grey and Snow White.
Here are the colour-wise prices for the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6:
|Granite Black||Rs 1,81,811|
|Sleet Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Snow White||Rs 1,86,811|
|Gravel Grey||Rs 1,89,565|
|Lake Blue||Rs 1,91,401|
|Rock Red||Rs 1,91,401|
*Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the three new paint schemes, the new Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 now also comes with a host of new features and equipment. This now includes switchable ABS, which can be controlled using a new switch on the console, to toggle between ABS activation and deactivation. The Royal Enfield Himalayan now comes equipped with Hazard toggle switch as well.
The new Himalayan carries forward the BS6-compliant version of the same 411cc engine used on the BS4 model. Although Royal Enfield hasn't updated the technical specifications of the BS6 engine on their website, we expect the power output of the Himalayan BS6 to remain almost identical. To reiterate, the BS4 version of the Royal Enfield Himalayan was producing 24bhp and 32Nm of torque from its 411cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 model remains unchanged. It carries forward the same mechanicals as well, this includes 21-inch and 17-inch wheels at the front and rear, long-travel suspension at both ends and a high ground clearance of 220mm.
Bookings for the new BS6 Himalayan have already started, with dealerships accepting bookings for the same. Deliveries of the Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 is said to begin soon.
Thoughts On The Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6
Royal Enfield has silently updated the Himalayan to comply with the BS6 emission norms, which is expected to be implemented from April 2020. The Royal Enfield Himalayan is the brand's first ADV offering and rivals the likes of the BMW G 310 GS, Kawasaki Versys X-300 and the upcoming KTM 390 Adventure.