- 4 hrs ago New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Adventure Trails Riding Programme Launched In 10 Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli TRK 502 Spotted Arriving At Dealerships In India: Launching Soon?
- 1 day ago Nissan Magnite Deliveries Cross Over 720 Units Across India: Announced Serice Campaign
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 26 Highlights: Aly And Abhinav Have An Argument During Task; Rakhi-Rubina Lock Horns
- Sports Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Tamil Nadu ride of Aparajith, Shahrukh Khan blitzkrieg
- News Republic Day like no other: Here's how the events unfolded
- Technology FAU-G Goes Official In India: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Pregnancy Glow Is Unmissable, As She Performs Yoga Flaunting Her Baby Bump
- Finance 5 Stock Picks Ahead Of The Budget From HDFC Securities
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In January 2021
- Education MHT CET 2020 Round II Seat Allotment Result for B. Tech, B. Pharma To Be Out Today
Indian motorcycle manufacturer, Royal Enfield, is ready to debut its FT racer at the AMA Grand National Championship during American Flat Track Rounds 5 and 6. Moto Anatomy's Johnny Lewis will race the motorcycle for the first time in the Production Twin class.
According to American Flat Track, the concept Royal Enfield FT was to be unveiled at the Daytona round during March this year, but was rescheduled because of the Covid-19 crisis, and the lockdown that followed.
Johnny Lewis used the time to test the motorcycle at his Center Hill training facility in Florida. Development of the FT concept continues with support from Royal Enfield, Harris Performance, and S&S Cycle. Lewis is scheduled to officially unveil the Royal Enfield FT at the Volusia County Speedway on 17 July.
Rider and team owner Johnny Lewis said, "The Royal Enfield FT concept has already shown promise so far. We're already seeing great results from the motorcycle."
"The team at Harris Performance and Royal Enfield have done a great job with the chassis, and we've already begun working through small adjustments based on my feedback. With the way the schedule is shaping out with small tracks, we could surprise many people," he added.
Fans and enthusiasts will also have the opportunity to ride Royal Enfield motorcycles during the season. The brand will offer its full range of motorcycles to fans with a valid motorcycle licence.
Johnny Lewis is also scheduled to host a Royal Enfield Slide School at select rounds of the Championship. Participants will be trained by Lewis and learn the basics of flat track racing while learning on custom FT411 Himalayan motorcycles.
All-women BUILD TRAIN RACE participants will join Lewis at the Atlanta Short Track at Dixie Speedway between 2 and 3 October, and will return for the season finale at Daytona Beach during 15 and 16 October.
These rounds will see the all-women BUILD TRAIN RACE participants exhibit their custom Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 flat track motorcycles as part of the event schedule.
American Flat Track is ready to start its 2020 season with the first-ever Volusia Half-Mile doubleheader, presented by Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys. The event is scheduled for 17 and 18 July at the Volusia Speedway.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Making Its AFT Debut On 17 July
This is great news for fans of the sport. Royal Enfield was in the news earlier when they announced their entry into the sport, and we're sure the brand's fans and enthusiasts are paying attention. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news about the FT Concept as soon as it breaks.