- 5 min ago Royal Enfield Classic 350 Modified Into A Bobber: Read More To Find Out
- 1 hr ago MV Agusta Brutale 800 SCS Unveiled: Details, Specs, Colours, And Expected Price
- 1 hr ago 2021 Kawasaki Z1000 Unveiled: Could Arrive In India Later This Year
- 2 hrs ago Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Bugatti Centodieci Worth Euros 8.5 Million
- Sports BCCI invite bids for kit sponsor and official merchandising partner rights
- Movies Team Kangana Calls Hrithik 'Silly Ex Who Will Never Get Over Kangana'; Shares Advice For Newcomers
- News Ayodhya Ram Mandir Temple Bhumi Pujan: First look of invitation card
- Finance Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Accounts Cross 40 Crore Mark
- Lifestyle Hair Hacks To Survive Dirty Second Day Hair Like A Pro
- Technology Realme V5 5G Announced: Price, Specs, Features And More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Indian motorcycle manufacturer, Royal Enfield, is ready to debut its FT racer at the AMA Grand National Championship during American Flat Track Rounds 5 and 6. Moto Anatomy's Johnny Lewis will race the motorcycle for the first time in the Production Twin class.
According to American Flat Track, the concept Royal Enfield FT was to be unveiled at the Daytona round during March this year, but was rescheduled because of the Covid-19 crisis, and the lockdown that followed.
Johnny Lewis used the time to test the motorcycle at his Center Hill training facility in Florida. Development of the FT concept continues with support from Royal Enfield, Harris Performance, and S&S Cycle. Lewis is scheduled to officially unveil the Royal Enfield FT at the Volusia County Speedway on 17 July.
Rider and team owner Johnny Lewis said, "The Royal Enfield FT concept has already shown promise so far. We're already seeing great results from the motorcycle."
"The team at Harris Performance and Royal Enfield have done a great job with the chassis, and we've already begun working through small adjustments based on my feedback. With the way the schedule is shaping out with small tracks, we could surprise many people," he added.
Fans and enthusiasts will also have the opportunity to ride Royal Enfield motorcycles during the season. The brand will offer its full range of motorcycles to fans with a valid motorcycle licence.
Johnny Lewis is also scheduled to host a Royal Enfield Slide School at select rounds of the Championship. Participants will be trained by Lewis and learn the basics of flat track racing while learning on custom FT411 Himalayan motorcycles.
All-women BUILD TRAIN RACE participants will join Lewis at the Atlanta Short Track at Dixie Speedway between 2 and 3 October, and will return for the season finale at Daytona Beach during 15 and 16 October.
These rounds will see the all-women BUILD TRAIN RACE participants exhibit their custom Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 flat track motorcycles as part of the event schedule.
American Flat Track is ready to start its 2020 season with the first-ever Volusia Half-Mile doubleheader, presented by Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys. The event is scheduled for 17 and 18 July at the Volusia Speedway.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Making Its AFT Debut On 17 July
This is great news for fans of the sport. Royal Enfield was in the news earlier when they announced their entry into the sport, and we're sure the brand's fans and enthusiasts are paying attention. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the news about the FT Concept as soon as it breaks.