- 32 min ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 hr ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- News Will bring in law to prevent 'love jihad' in Kerala if voted to power: BJP
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Movies Netizens Hail Hrithik Roshan As He Appears Before Police To Record Statement In Relation To A 2016 Case
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Mumbai City FC vs ATK Mohun Bagan: Preview, Team News, Timings, Live Streaming Info
- Technology How To Search Vodafone Idea Tariff Plans By Region
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
We already know that Royal Enfield is working on a new 650cc cruiser motorcycle for the Indian market. The upcoming cruiser motorcycle resembles the KX bobber concept that was showcased at the EICMA 2018.
Latest images circulating on WhatsApp showcases the RE 650cc cruiser without any camouflage revealing some of its design and features. Starting with the round-shaped headlamps and what appears to be a single-pod instrument cluster with the brand's Tipper navigation unit placed next to it.
The spy images also reveal the motorcycle to feature twin-chrome finished exhausts on either side, a heat-guard plate placed below the fuel tank. The motorcycle seems to be using two different alloy wheel sizes and could be 17-inch and 16-inch at the front and rear respectively.
The motorcycle features a retro-bobber design with a large-sculpted fuel tank with a capacity of around 17 litres, giving it a good amount of range compared to other 650cc motorcycles currently on sale in the country.
The cruiser motorcycle features rounded-fenders at both ends with lower-set turn-signal indicators at the rear along with a round-shaped LED tail lamp. Other features from the soy images showcase the split-seat arrangement and look to be well-cushioned to support longer journeys.
The motorcycle also features wide handlebar with slightly forward-set footpegs making for a relaxed riding position. Navigating through bustling city traffic will not be an issue as the motorcycle features a low rider seat height.
Coming to the heart of the upcoming cruiser motorcycle, Royal Enfield has equipped with its proven parallel-twin engine powertrain similar to the ones found on the current 650 twins in the brand's portfolio.
The spy images reveal a radiator placed at the front of the motorcycle, giving heed to the earlier speculation of using a liquid cooling system, which is also the first for the brand.
The 649cc air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine on the 650 twins produces 47bhp and a peak torque of 52Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch assisted. We expect the power and torque figures to remain similar or see a slight improvement if the engine achieves liquid cooling on the new motorcycle.
The motorcycle is using a USD fork at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. The USD fork setup will the brand's first implementation on its motorcycle. Fans have been waiting for RE to use the setup for a long time. It is expected to improve the upcoming bobber's handling characteristics by a substantial margin.
Braking is handled by a single disc brake at either end that is similar to the ones seen on the 650cc motorcycles in the brand's line-up. It is also expected to get a dual-channel ABS as standard. The motorcycle features alloy wheels and a fat section tyre at the rear.
The instrument cluster on the 650cc motorcycle will feature Bluetooth enabled technology. it will feature the brand's onboard navigation system called the Tripper. A similar setup can be seen on the upcoming Royal Enfield Meteor motorcycle.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Cruiser Spotted Testing Without Camouflage Ahead Of Launch
Royal Enfield is gearing up to launch its third 650cc motorcycle in the Indian market, which will be a premium cruiser motorcycle from the brand. It could come with a host of new features such as USD forks, a liquid-cooled engine and more. The cruiser motorcycle is expected to be launched sometime next year in India.