- 24 min ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 34 min ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- 47 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020: Maruti Alto Retains Its Top-Selling Car Title Yet Again!
- 1 hr ago Check This Beautifully Modified Premier Padmini: Read More To Find Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Movies Hansal Mehta Slams Rhea Chakraborty's Media Trial; Says Media Is Not Competent To Examine The Case
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy M31s: OnePlus Nord, Oppo Reno4 And More
- Sports Marquez all set to return at Czech MotoGP
- News NEET Superspecialty Exam 2020 exam table released; register on natboard.edu.in before 24 August
- Lifestyle How To Fake A Thicker Hairline
- Finance Spencer's Retail Rights Issue Opens On 4 August: Details Here
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
United States based custom motorcycle builders, Sosa Metalworks, has modified a Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and made it look like it could star in any steampunk styled episodic.
Rechristened Kamala, the Las Vegas based custom shop has changed the entire GT style of the donor motorcycle. The machine now features a rather impressive hardtail style.
The motorcycle is heavily modified and features limited stock parts. Sosa Metalworks have done all they can to keep the custom chassis as close to the OEM chassis.
As one can tell the modified Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 features customised suspension at the front, and absolutely no suspension at the rear. All shock absorption is handled by the set up at the front.
Interestingly, there are no brakes at the front of the motorcycle. The custom builders have installed the front brakes at the rear end of the modified machine.
The modified 650 GT features what look like chopped stock header pipes for the exhaust. A custom bolt-on fuel tank replaces the original. Finished in chrome, the new tank is in sync with the overall design of the Kamala.
Another interesting modification done to the motorcycle is the single piece seat that has a metal surface of a cushion - definitely not recommended for a Saddle Sore or Iron Butt ride!
The custom motorcycle also misses out on headlamps, a tail light, and turn-signal indicators. In addition, it does not feature an instrument cluster.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 is powered by a BS6 compliant 648cc twin-cylinder engine that produces 47 brake horsepower and 52 Newton-meters of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycle features a semi-digital speedometer, dual channel ABS, a slipper assist clutch, a 320mm disc brake at the front, a 240mm disc brak at the rear, and a 12.5-litre fuel tank.
The Royal Enfield continental GT 650 is priced between Rs 2.81 lakh and Rs 3.02 lakh, ex-showroom, and competes with the Kawasaki z650, the Kawasaki Versys 650, the Suzuki V-Strom 650, and the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.
Thoughts About The Continental GT 650 Modified By Sosa Metalworks
The Kamala is without doubt a one-of-its-kind custom job. There isn't anything like it anywhere. The custom work is bold, the right amount of loud, and a big statement! Excellent work Sosa Metalworks!