- 21 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Chennai based motorcycle manufacturer Royal Enfield has announced that its sales for the month of July 2020 stand at 40,334 units, translating to a drop of 26 percent as compared to the 54,185 units it sold during the same period last year.
The brand's domestic sales figures stand at 37,925 units for the month of July 2020, as compared to the 49,182 units it sold during the same period last year - translating to a decline of 23 percent.
The brand also registered 2,409 units in exports for the month, as compared to the 5,003 units it exported during June 2019 - translating to a decline of 52 percent.
Royal Enfield's year-to-date sales stand at 97,601 units as compared to the 2,37,894 units that were sold during the months of April, May and June last year - translating to a 59 percent decline in sales.
Royal Enfield also said that it is leading the leisure motorcycling segment in the United Kingdom with its Interceptor 650 becoming the highest selling motorcycle in the Kingdom's middleweight segment.
In Royal Enfield related news, the brand recently launched its Service On Wheels initiative in the country, with the aim of offering safe, seamless and hassle-free doorstep services for their customers. The brand has deployed 800 Service On Wheels motorcycles across the country.
The 800 motorcycles have been purpose built and are equipped to cater for 80 percent of most service and repair requirements. The brand's initiative will include scheduled maintenance, minor repairs, critical component testing, parts replacements, and electrical diagnosis, among others.
The company says that all doorstep services will be carried out by trained technicians, and all parts that are replaced will carry a 12 month warranty. To know more about the Royal Enfield Service On Wheels initiative, click here.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield's 26 Percent Decline In Sales For The Month Of July 2020
Sales figures were expected to decline across the industry because of the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lock downs that were implemented. One can expect sales to improve over the course of the next few months, considering the festive season will begin and manufacturers will offer discounts that will trigger pent up buying sentiments.