- 53 min ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- 2 hrs ago MG Gloster Review (First Drive): The New Luxury Off-Roader SUV In Town!
- 3 hrs ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam’s Funeral Might Take Place At His Red Hills Farmhouse In Chennai
- Technology Realme Narzo 20 First Sale Scheduled For September 28: Is It Worth Buying?
- News Bengaluru woman escapes from abusive husband using 'COVID-19 ambulance', returns after 20 days
- Sports IPL 2020: Bishnoi credits Kumble for his success
- Finance 4 Factors Behind Market's Rally On Friday
- Education TNEA Rank List 2020: How To Check TNEA Rank List 2020 PDF Download
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Turns ‘Black Rose’ In A Red And Black Saree For Her Upcoming Film’s Poster Look
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Chennai based motorcycle manufacturer Royal Enfield has announced that its sales for the month of July 2020 stand at 40,334 units, translating to a drop of 26 percent as compared to the 54,185 units it sold during the same period last year.
The brand's domestic sales figures stand at 37,925 units for the month of July 2020, as compared to the 49,182 units it sold during the same period last year - translating to a decline of 23 percent.
The brand also registered 2,409 units in exports for the month, as compared to the 5,003 units it exported during June 2019 - translating to a decline of 52 percent.
Royal Enfield's year-to-date sales stand at 97,601 units as compared to the 2,37,894 units that were sold during the months of April, May and June last year - translating to a 59 percent decline in sales.
Royal Enfield also said that it is leading the leisure motorcycling segment in the United Kingdom with its Interceptor 650 becoming the highest selling motorcycle in the Kingdom's middleweight segment.
In Royal Enfield related news, the brand recently launched its Service On Wheels initiative in the country, with the aim of offering safe, seamless and hassle-free doorstep services for their customers. The brand has deployed 800 Service On Wheels motorcycles across the country.
The 800 motorcycles have been purpose built and are equipped to cater for 80 percent of most service and repair requirements. The brand's initiative will include scheduled maintenance, minor repairs, critical component testing, parts replacements, and electrical diagnosis, among others.
The company says that all doorstep services will be carried out by trained technicians, and all parts that are replaced will carry a 12 month warranty. To know more about the Royal Enfield Service On Wheels initiative, click here.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield's 26 Percent Decline In Sales For The Month Of July 2020
Sales figures were expected to decline across the industry because of the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lock downs that were implemented. One can expect sales to improve over the course of the next few months, considering the festive season will begin and manufacturers will offer discounts that will trigger pent up buying sentiments.