- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2020: Hyundai Creta Outsells Kia Seltos For Third Month In A Row
- 9 hrs ago Gordon Murray T.50: The Purest, Lightest & Most Driver-Centric Supercar Ever Built
- 11 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Spotted Testing Again Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 11 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.09 Lakh
- News Want to donate for Ayodhya Ram Mandir construction? Here's how you can contribute
- Sports ICC looking for a bio-security manager for Women's 50-over World Cup in New Zealand
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty's Lawyer On Her Being 'Absconding': She Is A Law-abiding Citizen
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Series Debuts; Best In The Lot?
- Finance 5 Obstacles In Claiming Health Insurance For COVID-19 Treatment
- Lifestyle Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: Narendra Modi Lays The First Brick And Says It’s A Golden Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
In an attempt to enhance safety during the current Covid-19 crisis, bike taxi aggregator Rapido has announced launching Rapido Back Shields as an added safety precaution for their Ride Captains, ensuring commuters are more comfortable in the process.
The back shield has been designed to ensure some extent of social distancing between the Ride Captains and their passengers. The company says that the addition of the shield is aimed at enhancing safety of passengers while using bike taxi services. The shield is built of lightweight PVC board and features backpack style straps for the Captain to wear.
The portable back shield weights just 400 grams and will be worn by the Ride Captain. The shield prevents any contact between the rider and the pillion throughout the trip.
The Bengaluru based bike taxi aggregator said that it would bear all costs for the shield and their installations, at no cost to its Ride Captains. The brand says this initiative helps the Captains financially, negating the need for them to spend on shields themselves.
Mr Aravind Sanka, the Co-Founder of Rapido, said, "The safety of our customers is of prime concern to us. We want them to feel safe and assured whenever they use Rapido. From using masks, sanitisers and ensuring regular checks of Captains, now we have worked on an innovative back shield that will act as a protective gear that will further increase the safety of our rides."
The brand has been testing shields with their rider-partners across Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur and Kolkata over the last few weeks and Captains have registered 800 trips with the shields so far.
The tests were conducted for size, quality, and aerodynamics of the product in order to offer the best shield possible that is comfortable for both the rider and the pillion, and one that minimises touchpoints for the passenger.
In addition to the shields, all Rapido Road Captains have to wear a face mask, carry sanitisers, and use a helmet in addition to a helmet. The brand has also requested customers to carry their own helmets while using Rapido services.
The brand has also made changes to its policy, and now allows free ride cancellations if either the Road Captain or customers refuse to wear a mask.
In addition, Rapido's own safety measures mandate that all bikes have to be sanitised before every ride, and all their rider-partners have to checklist items and submit a declaration pledging adherence before accepting rides.
Thoughts About The Rapido Back Shields
We're impressed with the simplicity of design that the back shield features. And being lightweight helps too. We're sure riders and pillions will both be a whole lot more comfortable while ferrying and being ferried around.