- 41 min ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 44 min ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- 2 hrs ago Land Rover Defender India Launch Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW M1000 RR Unveiled: First Motorcycle From The Brand’s M Divison
- Sports KL Rahul surpasses Sachin Tendukar's 8-year-old record, fastest Indian to 2000 IPL runs; find full list
- Movies Raima Sen Says If Things Were Easy For Star Kids, She Would Have Been A Top Actress
- News Modi to inaugurate AI summit 'RAISE 2020' on Oct 5
- Lifestyle 6 Lesser-Known Health Benefits Of Juniper Berries
- Finance Check-In Luggage Limit To Be Reset To 15Kg After Civil Aviation Ministry Notice
- Technology Airtel Offering Xstream Box With Its Broadband Plans: Here's How
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
- Education KEAM 2020 Topper Marks And List For Engineering And Pharmacy
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. had earlier announced that the bookings for the all-new CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP have opened. Both the motorcycles were revealed at the 2019 EICMA Show in Milan, and are the most powerful Honda Fireblade to be ever introduced and they will be introduced via the CBU route in India.
However, according to the latest report by Zigwheels, the standard Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade will be priced at Rs 30 lakh and the top-spec Fireblade SP variant will carry a price tag of Rs 34 lakh (all prices mentioned are ex-showroom). The pricing for the new motorcycles is way too high as the previous generation CBR1000RR Fireblade retailed between Rs 17 lakh and Rs 21 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP have been created with extensive involvement of Honda Racing Corporation (HRC). Both motorcycles get the engine, chassis technology and aerodynamics drawn from the RC213V MotoGP machine. Due to this, both versions of the new Fireblade will be having a blistering track performance.
Mechanically the 2020 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade is powered by a 1000cc in-line four-cylinder engine. The unit is capable of producing 214.5bhp at 14,500rpm and a peak torque of 113Nm at 12,500rpm. The engine now uses an all-new Bore and Stroke which is the same as the MotoGP's RC213V motorcycle.
The pistons are also forged out of aluminium making it lighter by almost 5 per cent. However, The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade's muffler is made out of titanium that makes it lightweight. It also features a special valve in the exhaust that helps boost the torque at lower revs and increase horsepower at higher rpm.
Thoughts About The CBR1000RR-R Fireblade And Fireblade SP
Both the CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP are the most powerful motorcycle that Honda has ever produced. Once launched, the Fireblades will go up against the likes of the BMW S 1000 RR, Ducati Panigale V4, Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and the Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory.