- 12 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 20 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- Finance PNB Customers: New ATM Rules Effective From 1 Dec
- News 2020: When RBI declared a loan moratorium amidst the pandemic
- Movies Jacqueline Fernandez Joins The Cast Of Akshay Kumar-Kriti Sanon's Bachchan Pandey
- Technology Free Fire Characters: Top 10 Free Fire Characters You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Newly Wed Sana Khan Flaunts Subtle As Well As Glamorous Make-Up, Which Look Of Hers Did You Like More?
- Sports MotoGP Yearender 2020: Nine different winners and a new champion!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Ola, the ride-hailing cab service platform is all set to make its entry into the Indian electric scooter segment. As per reports from PTI, the company is expected to introduce its first electric scooter in India sometime in January 2021.
In May 2020, Ola announced the acquisition of Etergo BV, an Amsterdam-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer for an undisclosed amount. The company will bring its products to India, with initial manufacturing processes to continue in the Netherlands. The Ola electric scooter will also be sold in several European markets simultaneously with India.
Reports also suggested that Ola is planning to sell over million units of the electric scooters in the Indian market in the first year. Also, the initial batches of the e-scooter will be manufactured in the Netherlands. Ola is looking at setting up a production facility in India as well.
The company is said to be in talks with various state governments, to set up India's largest electric two-wheeler manufacturing plant. The facility once setup is said to have a production capacity of 2 million units per year.
The manufacturing facility in India, will also help Ola sell the electric scooters in the market more efficiently, compared to importing it from the Netherlands. Further to this, it will also help the brand participate in the government's move towards an ‘Atma Nirbhar' vision.
Talking about the Etergo-BV, the state-of-the-art app scooter, is said to use high-density swappable batteries, which allows it to offer a range of 240km on a single charge. With the introduction of the electric scooter from Ola, the company hopes to tap into the 20 million unit two-wheeler market in the country.
The Ola electric scooter once launched is said to come priced competitively. The e-scooter is expected to be in the same range as conventional petrol-powered models in the market.
Thoughts On Ola Electric Scooters Launching In India
Ola is all set to enter the growing electric scooter segment in the Indian market. Once the electric scooters from Ola are introduced, they are expected to be positioned as premium offerings and will rival the products from other more mainstream brands like Ather, Bajaj and TVS.