- 52 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan To Star Opposite Pooja Hegde In Hanu Raghavapudi’s Period Film?
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Ola, the ride-hailing cab service platform is all set to make its entry into the Indian electric scooter segment. As per reports from PTI, the company is expected to introduce its first electric scooter in India sometime in January 2021.
In May 2020, Ola announced the acquisition of Etergo BV, an Amsterdam-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer for an undisclosed amount. The company will bring its products to India, with initial manufacturing processes to continue in the Netherlands. The Ola electric scooter will also be sold in several European markets simultaneously with India.
Reports also suggested that Ola is planning to sell over million units of the electric scooters in the Indian market in the first year. Also, the initial batches of the e-scooter will be manufactured in the Netherlands. Ola is looking at setting up a production facility in India as well.
The company is said to be in talks with various state governments, to set up India's largest electric two-wheeler manufacturing plant. The facility once setup is said to have a production capacity of 2 million units per year.
The manufacturing facility in India, will also help Ola sell the electric scooters in the market more efficiently, compared to importing it from the Netherlands. Further to this, it will also help the brand participate in the government's move towards an ‘Atma Nirbhar' vision.
Talking about the Etergo-BV, the state-of-the-art app scooter, is said to use high-density swappable batteries, which allows it to offer a range of 240km on a single charge. With the introduction of the electric scooter from Ola, the company hopes to tap into the 20 million unit two-wheeler market in the country.
The Ola electric scooter once launched is said to come priced competitively. The e-scooter is expected to be in the same range as conventional petrol-powered models in the market.
Thoughts On Ola Electric Scooters Launching In India
Ola is all set to enter the growing electric scooter segment in the Indian market. Once the electric scooters from Ola are introduced, they are expected to be positioned as premium offerings and will rival the products from other more mainstream brands like Ather, Bajaj and TVS.