- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 7 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 8 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- News India won't tolerate insult to Tricolour at Red Fort, says Prakash Javadekar
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Okinawa has announced that their Oki100 electric motorcycle will be launched in India sometime during this year. The upcoming electric motorcycle will be a highly localized product when launched in India.
Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director, Okinawa, stated that the motorcycle will hit the Indian markets sometime between August and October this year. The electric two-wheeler manufacturer has also announced that it will support PM Modi's vision of ‘Vocal For Local' and highly localize their products.
As a result, the upcoming Oki100 will feature most of the parts that will be made in India, with battery being the only exception. This will help support the ‘Make in India' initiative and price their products aggressively as well.
Mr Sharma also stated that the company has achieved 88 per cent localization of its product already. However, with our upcoming electric bike, we are aiming to increase the localization to 100 per cent. It will source components of the electric motorcycle from local suppliers, which will help to boost local businesses and inspire all the EV startups to go ‘Vocal for local'.
The Oki100 motorcycle was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and has been under development ever since. The motorcycle showcased at the expo featured a street-naked design with a muscular and sculpted tank. Other design features include an oval-shaped LED headlamps, LED tail lamps and turn indicators, a fully-digital instrument cluster, raised handlebars, and a single-piece seat; among others.
The Okinawa Oki100 is expected to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack with 2.5 kW motor, which will be capable of reaching a top speed of 100 km/h. The prototype showcased at the Expo was equipped with some high-end hardware including a (USD) UpSide-Down forks at the front, a mono-shock setup at the rear, and disc brakes at either end. All the mechanicals are expected to make it to the production-spec as well.
The prototype also featured a riding range of 150 km from a single charge which, we hope, is offered by the actual electric motorcycle as well. It could also feature a removable battery pack, regenerative braking to increase the range of the electric motorcycle, and smartphone connectivity as well.
Once launched, the Oki100 motorcycle will primarily rival the Revolt RV300 and RV400 electric bikes in the Indian market. We expect Okinawa to price the Oki100 motorcycle to price it similar or even lower than the Revolt motorcycle because to its 100 per cent localization.
Thoughts About The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Expected Launch This Year
There has been a substantial increase in demand for electric two-wheelers in the Indian market. Okinawa is looking to take advantage of the current demand and launch the Oki100 electric motorcycle at a relatively lower price by achieving 100 per cent localization of the product.