- 20 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Okinawa will be launching its first electric motorcycle in the country called the Oki100. Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director, Okinawa Scooters, has confirmed that the motorcycle will be arriving sometime during the festive season this year.
The latest report from Zigwheels reveals several details of the upcoming Oki100 electric motorcycle from the brand. The electric motorcycle will be looking nothing like the prototype model that was showcased at the 2018 AutoExpo.
The company's officials have confirmed that it will feature subtle and even a commuter style design for ease of use. Okinawa has also confirmed that the Oki100 will feature swappable batteries for an enhanced ownership experience.
The electric two-wheeler manufacturer had announced that it will support PM Modi's vision of ‘Vocal For Local' and highly localize their products. As a result, the upcoming electric motorcycle will be a 100 per cent localized product when launched in India.
According to the company, Okinawa will be the first brand to achieve 100 per cent localization of electric two-wheelers in the country. This will help support the ‘Make in India' initiative and price their products aggressively as well.
In the pursuit of achieving complete localization of the electric motorcycle, the launch of the motorcycle has been delayed. The motorcycle has been developed from the ground up and has taken around three years.
Okinawa has confirmed that the Oki100 motorcycle could be priced around the 1 lakh mark, which will significantly undercut its primary rival, the Revolt RV400. The company will also collaborate with various banks to provide attractive financing solutions for faster adoption across the country.
The Okinawa Oki100 is expected to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack with 2.5 kW motor, which will be capable of reaching a top speed of 100 km/h. It will feature a maximum riding range of around 100 kilometres on a single charge.
The prototype showcased at the Expo, which was equipped with some high-end hardware such as USD forks. However, the company has confirmed that it will be using a more conventional setup to keep the costs in check. This includes telescopic suspension at front and mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle will be done via disc brakes at both ends with CBS offering additional safety.
Other details confirmed by the company include LED lighting all-around, smartphone connectivity, geo-fencing, bike location tracking, ride history and more. According to the company, the Oki100 electric motorcycle will offer similar performance as 125cc ICE-powered vehicles.
Thoughts About The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle
The Oki100 is expected to be the cheapest electric motorcycle when launched in the country. It will also be the most technologically advanced electric two-wheeler made by Okinawa. The company is looking to take advantage of the current demand for electric two-wheeler and the ongoing festive season by launching the new motorcycle.