- 6 min ago Best-Selling Cars In India For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate With Swift & Baleno
- 15 min ago Kawasaki Bikes Year-End Discounts In December 2020: Benefits Up To Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 1 hr ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Hero MotoCorp Registers 14.4% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 2 hrs ago Honda Car Discounts & Year-End Offers: Benefits Of Up To Rs 2.5 Lakh Offered On Select Models
- Movies Sana Saeed On Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: It Never Felt Like ‘Oh My God, You Are Working With Shah Rukh Khan’
- Education CSIR NET Answer Key June 2020 Released, Challenge Before December 5
- Lifestyle Ischemic Stroke Patient Saved By Combination Of Three Complicated Medical Procedures
- Sports Everyone is really excited for what is to come for Indian hockey: Defender Jarmanpreet Singh
- Technology Vi Refarming 3G Sites In Bengaluru To Offer High Speed 4G Network
- Finance SBI's YONO App Hit By System Outage
- News NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
Yamaha has globally unveiled the MT-09 naked-street motorcycle. The 2021 MT-09 has received a complete design overhaul along with updates to the engine and electronic rider aids as well. The naked motorcycle has also become more powerful.
Staring with the design, the MT-09 now features a new LED projector headlamp design with LED DRLs flanked on either side. This has given the motorcycle a more aggressive stance as compared to the previous model.
Along with the new headlamp, the 2021 MT-09 also features a new muscular fuel-tank design, up-right handlebar, LED tail lamp, and an underbelly exhaust.The MT-09 sports a more conventional number plate design as well.
The company has also reworked on the chassis and swingarm, which makes the motorcycle 3 kilograms lighter as compare to the previous model. The 2021 MT-09 tips the scale at 189kg. Despite the weight reduction, the chassis of the motorcycle offers greater rigidity to improve the MT-09's handling characteristics.
The company has also given adjustability in terms of rider ergonomics. The upright handlebar can now be adjusted for 14mm max height or 4mm minimum height depending on the rider's preference. The mechanism works similar to an adjustable footpeg.
Speaking about the engine, the 2021 MT-09 is powered by an updated version of the same engine as seen on the older model. The 847cc engine is now bigger by 43cc because of a longer stroke length.
The in-line, three-cylinder, 890cc DOHC engine also features new forged pistons, camshaft fracture-split connecting rods, and crankshaft. As a result, the new unit produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 93Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip-assist clutch and bi-directional quickshifter as standard.
Suspension duties are handled by a fully-adjustable 41mm USD fork at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear with adjustability for preload and rebound. Both units are sourced from Kayaba.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via 298mm dual discs at the front and a single 245mm disc at the rear. The front brake comes equipped with a radial master cylinder from Nissin as seen on the brand's YZF-R1 Supersport motorcycle. The motorcycle features 17-inch forged alloy wheels shod with performance tyres at both ends.
The 2021 MT-09 also features an updated suite of rider electronic package. It can be controlled on the new 3.5-inch Full-Color TFT instrument display.The motorcycle features a 6-Axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit supporting all the electronic rider aids.
Other electronic-rider aids include Ride-by-Wire YCC-T Throttle System with New APSG, Brake Control System with ABS, MotoGP derived Slide Control System (SCS), Lift Control System (LIF), Lean Angle-Sensitive Traction Control System, Rider-Supporting Traction Control System with three modes.
Yamaha is yet to announce its plans for the launch of 2021 MT-09 in the Indian market. However, we expect the company might bring the updated motorcycle because of the rising demand for middle-weight motorcycles in the country. Once launched, the 2021 MT-09 will rival the KTM Duke 790 and the Triumph Street Triple motorcycle in India.
Thoughts About The 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled
Yamaha has improved its famous street-naked motorcycle by a huge margin. The 2021 MT-09 features an aggressive design, with a powerful engine and enhanced suite of electronics, giving the rider the confidence to take the motorcycle to its absolute limit.