- 15 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 20 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 22 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- News Explained: Who is John McAfee, the pioneer who died by suicide in Spanish prison?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut To Direct A Film On Indira Gandhi Titled Emergency; Says 'No One Can Direct It Better Than Me'
- Education THE Young University Rankings 2021: List of 34 Indian Universities In Times Young University Rankings 2021
- Finance Fuel Prices Hiked; Petrol Prices Near Rs 100 in Patna
- Sports NBA playoffs 2021: Young erupts for 48-point double-double as Hawks tame Bucks in Game 1
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Piaggio India is set to launch facelift models of the Vespa VXL and the SXL scooters in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has announced the commencement of pre-bookings for both models.
Vespa is accepting pre-bookings online for a token amount of Rs 1,000 to both models. Prices for the scooter is yet to be revealed by the company. The scooters are expected to launch later this month in the market.
Speaking about the changes made to the facelift models, it is expected to be minor design revision made mostly to the front fascia of the scooter. Some of the changes that have been made to the scooter include an LED headlight with LED DRLs and a USB charging port.
The overall silhouette, the curved body panels and the retro-design of the scooter are expected to remain unchanged on the upcoming facelift models. The Vespa VXL and the SXL scooter will be available in both 125cc and 149cc engine options.
The Vespa SXL & the VXL 149 will be powered by an air-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder 149cc engine that is powering the current line-up of scooters in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 10.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 10.6Nm at 5,500rpm.
Likewise, the 125cc scooter of both models will feature the current 125cc engine. The fuel-injected single-cylinder engine produces a maximum power of 9.7bhp at 7,500rpm and a peak torque of 9.6Nm at 5,500rpm.
Apart from a few minor changes, the rest of the feature from the pre-facelift models are expected to be carried forward on the soon-to-be-launched newer models.
The Vespa SXL range of scooters features a rectangular-shaped headlight, LED headlamp, a digital instrument cluster, five-spoke black alloy wheels, and other premium features. While the lower VXL models feature a round-shaped LED headlamp, a digital instrument cluster, and a visor.
Suspension set up on both models are same. This includes a single side-arm setup at the front and a dual hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. Braking on both scooters are done via a 200mm ventilated disc brakes at the front and a 140mm drum brakes at the rear.
In addition to this, the company offers the 125cc scooters with a combined braking system, while the 149cc scooters get a single-channel ABS for additional safety. Prices for the facelift models are expected to see a marginal increase considering the updates made to the scooter.
Thoughts About The 2020 Vespa VXL & SXL Facelift Models Pre Bookings Commence Ahead Of Launch
Vespa range of scooters has been a popular choice for both younger and elder buyers in the Indian market. The retro looks and premium feel of the scooter have appealed to a wider audience.