- 6 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 12 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 14 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- News Delhi violence: Distress calls unanswered for 48-72 hours, police absent, report reveals
- Movies Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Sports Hardik Pandya returns to cricket pitch post back surgery, hits 4 towering sixes in his quickfire knock
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
The Okinawa electric maxi-scooter will make its debut at Auto Expo 2020. The company launched its first product in 2017 and since then, the company has been making some good looking, fast and fun-to-ride scooters for the Indian market. Okinawa has eight electric scooters in its portfolio ranging from Rs 40,000 to Rs 1.14 lakh (ex-showroom).
However, according to ExpressDrives, Okinawa is now ready for its next big move, an electric cruiser maxi-scooter which has been dubbed as the Oki100 electric motorcycle and will debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020. It is visible from the picture that the upcoming product from Okinawa will have the same silhouette as the Suzuki Burgman maxi-scooter.
Teaser images also reveal that the scooter will have an orange paint scheme and a stepped up-seat for better pillion comfort. Now since this is a maxi-scooter, it will be big, indicating that even the tall riders will be able to ride it comfortably. Usually, the problem with tall riders is that while taking a turn the handlebars hit the knees and we expect this not to happen with this electric scooter.
Specifications for the Okinawa Cruise maxi-scooter are still unknown, but it is expected that the scooter will get regenerative braking technology. Other features include disc brakes at both ends, an all-digital instrument cluster, usable under-seat storage and USB charging. The electric scooter is expected to get a swappable lithium-ion battery and will offer a range of around 150kms and a top speed of 120km/h.
Like most of the other electric two-wheeler manufacturers in India, Okinawa assembles and sells rebadged versions of e-scooters sold in other parts of the world. Some of Okinawa's scooters are identical to the ones sold by Zhejiang Luyuan Electric Scooter Co. Ltd in China.
The upcoming electric scooter is 50mm longer than the Suzuki Burgman Street, which is the only maxi scooter on sale in India right now and does appear as a rival to Suzuki's offering.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Cruiser Electric Maxi-Scooter
Okinawa scooters are aiming to aggressively push towards EVs in the Indian market and with a scooter like this one the company will be able to attract more and more customers. Once launched, the electric scooter is expected to carry a price tag of roughly Rs 1.10 lakh ex-showroom.