- 6 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 8 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 12 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- News WHO team arrives in China to find coronavirus origin
- Sports Coronavirus: No fans at PGA Tour events for rest of season
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation In June Grows At 6.09%; Breaches RBI Target
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Technology Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The 2020 Honda Africa Twin delivers has commenced in India. The first adventure motorcycle was delivered to a customer in Gurugram, Haryana. It is the first time that the Japenese two-wheeler manufacturer has brought the manual variant in the Indian market.
Deliveries for the 2020 Africa Twin was supposed to begin around May 2020. However, it was delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting nation-wide lockdown across the country.
The updated adventure motorcycle was launched in March just before the nation-wide lockdown came into effect. The 2020 Honda Africa Twin is offered in two variants: manual and DCT. The manual variant retails at Rs 15.35 lakh, while the DCT automatic variant costs Rs 16.1 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Mr Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director, Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, "Starting the BSVI era of its premium motorcycle business, Honda introduced the brand new 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sports in March this year. We are pleased to announce the first delivery to the proud #TrueAdventure lover. The 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sports takes the ‘go-anywhere' spirit one step ahead. So pack your bags & get ready as #TrueAdventure is back!"
Honda is also selling a host of accessories for the adventure motorcycles in India. This includes a top box, extended visor, a two-way quick shifter, main stand, a rally step, an engine guard, front fog lights, and smoked windscreen; among others available for both versions of the Africa Twin.
The new adventure motorcycle features a host of upgrades over the previous model year, including an updated engine and connected technology as well. Some of the new features include an external crash protective frame, a height-adjustable windscreen, a larger fuel tank, tubeless-ready spoked alloy wheels, and a bash plate.
The 2020 Honda Africa Twin is powered by a 1084cc parallel-twin engine. It produces a maximum power of 101bhp at 7500rpm and a peak torque of 105Nm at 6250rpm. The engine on manual variant comes mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox, with slip assist clutch. While the automatic DCT transmission receives three levels of electronic engine braking.
The 2020 motorcycle also features a large 6.5-inch touchscreen instrument cluster, with Bluetooth connectivity and Apple CarPlay. Honda has packed the Africa Twin with a host of rider aids such as an updated HSTC (Honda Selectable Traction Control), six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit to keep the motorcycle upright, three-levels of wheelie control system, and a total of six riding modes: Tour, Urban, Gravel, Off-Road and two customisable programs as per the rider.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic forks at the front with 230mm travel. At the rear, it gets a mono-shock set up with 220mm travel. Suspensions at both ends are fully adjustable.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via dual 310mm discs at the front, while the rear braking is through a 256mm single disc brake. The Africa Twin features dual-channel ABS with the ability to switch-off the rider aid at the rear wheel for off-road riding. The motorcycle uses 21-inch up front and 18-inch at the rear both shod with dual-purpose tyres.
Thoughts About The 2020 Honda Africa Twin Deliveries Started In India
The Africa Twin adventure motorcycle is a truly go-anywhere machine and is built to take on any terrain. The motorcycle has its roots back to the brand's Dakar Rally winning motorcycle making it a true adventure motorcycle. Honda has begun the deliveries of the 2020 Africa Twin after the nation-wide lockdown was eased. Expect more customers to start receiving their motorcycles soon.