- 6 hrs ago Dakar Rally 2021 Final Stage Results & Highlights: Kevin Benavides Wins The Rally Race
- 7 hrs ago Pierre Cherpin Has Passed Away After Crashing On Stage 7 Of The 2021 Dakar Rally
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Superb Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 31.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Audi A4 Review (First Drive): Better Than The Others In The Segment?
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 15 Highlights: Rubina Accuses Sonali Of Using Foul Language; Rakhi Locks Horns With Aly
- News 'There will be consequences on farm protests': Sharad Pawar warns Centre
- Education SSC CHSL Cut-off 2021 Tier 1 Released
- Sports Stephane Peterhansel wins record 14th Dakar Rally title
- Finance Where To Invest Ahead Of Budget 2021?
- Technology Moto G 5G Available With Rs. 2,000 Discount At Flipkart: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Ladies, Here Are 7 Reasons Why You Should Ask A Man Out
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In January
Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) have made two major announcements in their rider lineup for the 2021 season of MotoGP. First being the extension in the contract of Alex Marquez for two more years, while the second being the signing of Pol Espargaro.
Starting off with the contract of Alex Marquez, HRC has announced a 2-year extension to the contract of the 24-year old former Moto2 World Champion. Completing the 2020 season, alongside his brother and eight-time MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez, Alex will move to the Honda's satellite team - LCR Honda for the 2021 and 2022 MotoGP season.
Talking about the extension in contract, Alex Marquez, stated,
"I am very proud to announce my renewal with Honda Racing Corporation. HRC gave me the opportunity to arrive in MotoGP and I am glad to join the LCR Honda Team at the end of 2020 and compete in a big team with great experience in MotoGP.
I want to thank HRC and the LCR Honda Team for their trust in me to be able to continue in the Honda family and I will work hard to prove their confidence with results. Now, I am eager to start the season in Jerez and I am completely focused to give my best this year. "
Yoshishige Nomura, President, Honda Racing Corporation (HRC), stated,
"HRC is happy to continue working with Alex Márquez through the learning process in the MotoGP category for the next two seasons. After deep consideration and a thorough analysis of the current situation, we believe Alex has a great opportunity to grow in the premier class with full factory support inside the LCR Honda Team. We believe that by following this path over the next three seasons, we will achieve the results both HRC and Alex look for. "
Another news from the HRC stable is the signing of Pol Espargaro for the 2021 season. The current KTM rider will join eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez in the Repsol Honda team for a period of two years, riding the RC213V.
Pol Espargaro himself is one of the most experienced riders on the current MotoGP grid. Pol has been in the sport and fighting for the championship since 2006, having contested in 104 premier-class Grand Prix.
Thoughts On HRC Signing Pol Espargaro & Extending Alex Marquez Contract
The move of Alex Marquez from the Repsol Honda racing team to LCR Honda, confirms the exit of Cal Crutchlow, whose future in MotoGP is yet to be confirmed. HRC seemed to have struck the jackpot for the 2021 MotoGP season with the extension of Alex Marquez and the inclusion of Pol Espargaro.