- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sales Cross 6 Lakh Units Mark In 5 Years: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago New MINI Countryman launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 39.50 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago New Tata Tiago ‘XTA’ Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Interiors Sketches Officially Revealed Ahead Of India Launch
- Sports Sharath Kamal loses in pre-quarters at WTT Contender Doha
- Technology Sony's New Patent Can Transform Any Live Object Into A Controller
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Hits Back At Trolls Accusing Her Of Stealing A Smoothie Image From The Internet
- News Jaishankar calls on Bangladesh PM Hasina, praises her sagacity, leadership
- Finance NPS Vs APY: Where To Invest In Terms Of Good Returns?
- Education HPSSC Junior Office Assistant Admit Card 2021 Released At www.hpsssb.hp.gov.in
- Lifestyle Neha Kakkar And Rohanpreet Singh Shells Out Major Couple Fashion Goals As They Twin In Black
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In March
KTM has taken the wraps off the new 890 Adventure and the limited edition 890 Adventure Rally R. Both motorcycles borrow the design and styling cues from the KTM 790 Adventure. Both the adventure motorcycle feature a new frame, new swingarm and yes, an all-new new engine also.
Mechanically, both the motorcycles are powered by an 889cc, parallel-twin BS6 engine. This motor is a tweaked version of the unit that does its duty on the KTM 890 Duke. The unit produces 103bhp of power at 8,000 rpm and 100Nm of peak torque at 6,500 rpm.
Speaking about the Adventure R first, the motorcycle gets improved riding electronic aids such as ABS, off-road ABS and traction control. There is a new switch on the handlebar for cruise control and is standard on both models and a reinforced clutch. Suspension duties are handled by 48mm WP upside-down forks at the front with 239mm of travel and a WP mono-shock at the rear with 239mm of travel.
Other features on the 890 Adventure R include a new rear steel sub-frame and an aluminium steering up-front. Braking duties are handled by twin 320mm discs up-front with 4-piston callipers and a single 260mm disc at the rear with 2-piston callipers. The motorcycle also gets a 5-inch full-colour TFT screen that provides a lot of information to the rider. It rides on a 21-inch wheel up-front and a 19-inch unit at the rear wrapped in Metzeler Karoo 3 dual-sport tyres.
On the other hand, the 890 Adventure Rally edition is just limited to 700 units and the motorcycle gets more exclusive cycle parts such as WP XPLOR Pro suspension setup for better off-road ability, an Akrapovic exhaust which is 35 per cent lighter than the one on the 890 Adventure R, a straight racing seat with 910 mm seat height and a 'rally' riding mode along with a quick-shifter, both are standard.
It will also be equipped with rally foot-pegs, anodized wheels, an updated race-tuned chassis and carbon fiber tank protectors. Also, the graphics on both motorcycles will be different. As far as these motorcycles entering our shores is concerned, we can expect the 890 Adventure R might enter our market in a couple of years, but the Adventure Rally R edition will not make it.
Thoughts About The KTM 890 Adventure Motorcycles
Both the 890 Adventure R and the Adventure Rally R edition look absolutely fantastic and both have off-road capabilities, but the Adventure Rally R takes it a notch higher with its better cycle parts. However, we would like the Adventure R to enter our market sometime in the near future.