- 55 min ago New Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival The TVS Apache RR310
- 1 hr ago Ather 450X Series1 Deliveries To Start Soon In Pune, Hyderabad & Ahemdabad
- 1 hr ago 2021 Audi R8 Panther Edition Unveiled Internationally: A Special Model Limited To Just 30 Units
- 3 hrs ago Ford Cars Midnight Surprise Campaign Introduced In India: Here Are All Details
- News Comments by Trudeau on farmer protests will damage ties says MEA after summoning high commissioner
- Sports Asia Cup 2021: Sri Lanka to host the tournament next year, Pakistan in 2022
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan To Star Opposite Pooja Hegde In Hanu Raghavapudi’s Period Film?
- Lifestyle Samantha Akkineni Flaunts Style In Her Deconstructed Jumpsuit; You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Price!
- Finance How To Transfer Funds From EPF To NPS Tier-1 Account?
- Technology Tecno POVA With MediaTek Helio G80 SoC Debuts In India: Price, Specifications
- Education Amazon Jobs: Amazon On a Hiring Spree Engaging More Than 1.2 Million People, Recruiting 2,800 Workers On A Daily Basis
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
KTM has unveiled the new base-model of the middle-weight adventure-touring motorcycle called the 890 Adventure. The new motorcycle is largely similar to the 890 Adventure R, which was introduced earlier.
While the things are a little bit serious on the R-spec model, the newly introduced 890 Adventure takes a subtle approach to segment. However, the 890 Adventure has not lost any of the hooliganism that the KTM bikes are known for and is always ‘Ready To Race'.
KTM has managed to turn the dial back and given the standard 890 Adventure the character to suit general buyers in the segment. Starting with the seat height, the 890 Adventure features adjustability in this department.
With the lowest setting on the rider seat height at 830mm, it is lower than that of the KTM Adventure 390. At the other end of the scale, the seat height can be increased to 850mm. This particular feature will attract more buyers to choose 890 Adventure, as compared to its hardcore-spec ‘R' sibling.
Suspension duties on the 890 Adventure are handled by non-adjustable WP-Apex forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear with adjustability for preload and rebound. Suspension at both ends features maximum travel of 200mm.
Braking on the motorcycle is done via dual 320mm rotors with a four-piston radial fixed calliper at the front and a single 260mm rotor with a two-piston floating calliper at the rear. The 890 Adventure features 21-inch and 18-inch spoke wheels at the front and rear shod with Avon Trailrider dual-purpose tyres.
The 890 Adventure comes packed with features, typical of a KTM motorcycle. It includes all-around LED lighting, 20-litre rally-style fuel tank, split and wide seat design, knuckle guards, GPS mount, adjustable windscreen, a single-piece wide handlebar and more.
The standard motorcycle missed out few features that come equipped with the 890 Adventure R variant. This includes the single-piece rally-style seat, a front beak, fully-adjustable front suspensions, knobby tyres and more.
However, both motorcycles are powered by the same engine. The liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder, 899cc unit produces a maximum of 104bhp and 100Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox with slip-assist clutch and an optional bi-direction quick shifter. The engine is also Euro 5 compliant, which will also make it legal in the Indian market.
The 890 Adventure comes packed with a host of electronic rider aids to ensure a smooth riding experience regardless of the terrain. This includes Cornering ABS, Motorcycle Traction Control and Motor Slip Regulation. The 890 Adventure is also offered with a host of power parts including the brand's connected technology via the KTM MY Ride Application.
Joachim Sauer, KTM Product Manager Travel: "With the development of the new KTM 890 ADVENTURE we hit all our marks by offering an upgraded machine for both road and gravel riding. With the new engine, we worked a lot on optimizing the overall performance and feel while out riding. The result is a big improvement in the bike's rideability, better stability, less gear shifting and added comfort for the long days on the saddle. With the KTM 890 ADVENTURE, we wanted a KTM that sets the benchmark through its performance on the tarmac while being able to veer offroad and keep the same high standards. As a true KTM ADVENTURE, this is a great machine to adventure everywhere."
Thoughts About The KTM 890 Adventure Unveiled
KTM has unveiled a middle-weight adventure-touring motorcycle that will cater a majority of buyers in the segment. The 890 Adventure tourer comes packed with features and is an ideal motorcycle for on and off roads journeys. The KTM 890 Adventure could be the first big adventure-tourer form the brand in the Indian market.