- 13 min ago Indian Two-Wheeler Sales Will Decline Drastically Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
- 1 hr ago MG Motor's Plan Of Launching The Hector Plus And Gloster Remains Unchanged
- 2 hrs ago Tata Group To Set up A Hospital In Kasaragod With Quarantine Facilities
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Specification Revealed — Will be Available In Four Variants
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Untouched For 24 Straight Days Even As Demand Slids Over 50%
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Premium Smartphones To Buy In India In April 2020
- News 'Your leadership helping Humanity': Donald Trump thanks Modi for supplying Hydroxychloroquine to US
- Movies Varun Dhawan Joins Hands With Flipkart And Launches A Stay-At-Home Reality Show
- Lifestyle Lockdown Fitness: Home Exercises To Help You Burn Calories
- Sports Neymar welcome anytime at Barca, says Suarez
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Bajaj Auto has announced prices for the much awaited Husqvarna twins in India. The Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and the Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 are currently being offered at an introductory price of Rs 1.80 lakh, ex-showroom.
In addition, bookings for the motorcycles have begun, and a Pune based dealer confirmed that bookings were open for an amount of Rs 5,000.
The motorcycles were unveiled at the India Bike Week 2019, at Goa. Swedish premium motorcycle manufacturer Husqvarna, is a part of the KTM Group, and has been brought to India by Bajaj Auto.
The motorcycles will be retailed exclusively via KTM showrooms across the country. The motorcycles are expected to be launched in March and will make their way to about 400 KTM dealers across 275 cites and towns in the country.
The Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250 have a unique design - understated, minimalist, and elegant, all of which differentiate them from other motorcycles in the premium segments.
The Svartpilen 250 features a more aggressive design with an upright stance. It arrives with dual purpose tyres, and is capable of tackling any terrain. The Vitpilen 250 has a more sportier design, features clip on handlebars that offer a lean-in riding position.
Both motorcycles feature a 248.76cc fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke DOHC engine that produces 29.5 brake horsepower and 24Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The motorcycles arrive with WP APEX - USD 43mm forks at the front, and a WP APEX mono-shock at the rear. Braking duties are handled by a single 320mm disc at the front and a 230mm disc at the rear. Dual channel ABS is offered as a standard.
The Svartpilen 250 and the Vitpilen 250 weigh in at just 154 kilograms and 153 kilograms, respectively. That is about seven kilograms lighter than the KTM Duke 250. Both motorcycles are currently offered at an introductory price of Rs 1.80 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi.
Mr Rakesh Sharma, the Executive Director at Bajaj Auto Ltd. Said, "The premium motorcycle segment has seen a strong growth in India over the last five years of almost 19% CAGR, with two broad classes of motorcycles - sporty high-performance motorcycles and lifestyle motorcycles with limited performance."
"The Husqvarna twins are superbly crafted and will be a game changer in the lifestyle performance segment. They offer a great package of superior dynamic performance and a unique Swedish design language. The Husqvarna twins are meant for progressive riders who have an evolved taste, a strong appreciation for style and don't want a compromise between performance and elegant design," he added.
Thoughts About The Prices Of the Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 And Vitpilen 250
The motorcycles are about the same cost of the KTM Duke 250, and we think this is fair. We think that with a compact chassis design, WP suspension, and premium quality components, the Husqvarna twins will definitely offer dynamic performance and great riding comfort. Stay tuned, we're definitely going to test these motorcycles out and will bring you all the information!