- 27 min ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sobhita Dhulipala: Five Times The Diva Left Us Stunned With Her Unconventional Style
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has announced a total growth of 5% in the month of March 2020. The company registered sales of 2,61,669 units in the previous month, compared to 2,49,136 units in March 2019.
Honda Two-wheelers also announced an 11% growth in the domestic market during March 2020. The company stated that they recorded 2,45,669 units of sales in the domestic market in March 2020, against 2,22,325 units last year. HMSI's two-wheeler export sales stood at 16,000 units during the same period.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Despite all efforts, 2019-20 has been a challenging year in more ways than one. COVID-19 impact derailed industry's plans and has severely impacted the automobile ecosystem - right from supply chain to dealers. As a responsible manufacturer, Honda is committed to taking care of all its stakeholders and society at large in these uncertain times."
HMSI was the first two-wheeler manufacturer in the country to introduce BS6-compliant offerings in the Indian market. The company introduced the Activa 125 Fi, six months ahead of the BS6 deadline and since then has gone on to further introduce a number of other models as well. This includes the latest iteration of their most popular offering, the Activa 6G.
Honda two-wheelers shut down operations at its facility on the 22nd of March, in response to the lockdown. However, the company is ensuring support to all its business partners during this tough period.
The company has also announced an extension of warranty and free service period for its customers. All free service and warranty periods ending between 15th March and 15th April have been extended for two months.
Honda India Foundation has also announced a total relief fund donation of Rs 11 crore towards the fight against covid-19. As part of their aid, the company will be supplying 2000 Honda-powered high-pressure backpack sprayers to various government and healthcare officials.
Thoughts On HMSI Sales Growth Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India have managed to register a surprising double-digit growth in domestic sales. This is even after having shut down operations for almost the entire second half of March 2020. However, with the situation set to extend into April as well, we will have to wait and see how sales will vary in the coming months.