- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Honda Motor Japan has sued Hero Electric over 'design infringement' on the 22nd of May 2020. The Japanese brand states that the front and rear lamp design on their Moove electric scooter has been copied and used on the Hero Electric Dash model.
According to ET Auto, Honda Motor Japan has filed a petition for an ad interim injunction against Hero Electric. It claims that the Indian brand has been infringing on the ‘registered design' of the front and rear lamps of their Moove electric scooter.
The Japanese brand also seeks to cease the manufacturing, selling and advertising of the Dash electric scooter in the market. Hero Electric has remained silent with no response regarding the matter at this time.
Reports also suggest that the Delhi High Court, overlooking the dispute, heard Honda's arguments on the 29th of May. The court was supposed to hear Hero Electric's response to the allegations on the 2nd of June, however, the case has been relisted to the 11th of June.
While the Honda Moove electric scooter is not on sale in the Indian market, Hero Electric's Dash scooter is. The Hero Electric Dash scooter was launched in India in August 2019 and is priced at Rs 62,000, ex-showroom.
The Hero Electric Dash comes powered by a 48V 28Ah lithium-ion battery pack. The electric motor and the batteries offer a maximum range of 60km on a single charge with a top speed of 25km/h. The Dash electric scooter comes with both standard and fast charging technology and takes four-hours for a full charge.
The Hero Electric Dash scooter also comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED headlamps with daytime running lights, fully-digital instrument console, USB charging, large boot storage, high-ground clearance and many more as well.
Thoughts About Honda Motor Japan Taking Hero Electric To Court
Hero Electric is yet to respond to the allegations against them by Honda Motor Japan. The court case between the two companies comes at a very delicate time when the industry is just getting out of a lockdown period. The allegations could also suggest that the brand could be looking to introduce electric scooters in India or are at least looking at avenues and market conditions. However, we will have to wait for any official information for the same.