- 53 min ago Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra eKUV100 Launch Timeline Officially Revealed: Three New Vehicles In Pipeline
- 2 hrs ago Harley-Davidson ‘Serial 1’ e-Bicycle Unveiled: Inspired By Brand’s First-Ever Motorcycle From 1903
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- News Knife attack in France: Modi condemns act, expresses solidarity in fight against terrorism
- Movies Kriti Kharbanda’s Birthday Wish For This Year Is A ‘Corona-Free’ World
- Sports IPL 2020: Chennai Super Kings bring in out-of form Shane Watson, Lungi Ngidi against Kolkata Knight Riders
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
- Technology Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- Finance 2 Ways To Access Your Post Office Savings Account Online
- Lifestyle Shiitake Mushrooms: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has launched their new Hornet 2.0 motorcycle in the Indian market. The new Honda Hornet 2.0 is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom (Gurugram). Bookings for the motorcycle are now open, with deliveries said to start from the first week of September.
The new Honda Hornet 2.0 replaces the older CB Hornet 160R from the brand's lineup. The Hornet 2.0 also marks Honda's entry into the 180 - 200cc motorcycle segment of the Indian market.
Atsushi Ogata, Managing Director, President & CEO, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"Inspired by the dreams of the new age customers & their passion for riding, we are pleased to introduce all-new Honda Hornet 2.0."
"With its advanced technology & thrilling performance, new Hornet 2.0 is set to create a new benchmark among the young motorcycle enthusiasts."
He further added, "It is the beginning of Honda's new era of portfolio expansion catering to a wide range of customers in India."
The Honda Hornet 2.0 comes powered by the brand's new BS6-compliant 184cc single-cylinder engine with the PGM-Fi technology. The engine produces 17bhp at 8500rpm and 16.1Nm of torque at 6000rpm, paired with a five-speed gearbox.
The suspension on the new Hornet 2.0 is handled by a set of golden USD (upside-down) forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking is through a set of discs at either end, this includes a 276mm disc at the front and a 220mm disc at the rear; supported by single-channel ABS as standard.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 rides on 17-inch wheels with 110/70 and 140/70 profiles at the front and rear, respectively.
Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director - Sales & Marketing, HMSI Pvt. Ltd. said,
"The new Hornet 2.0 is a transformation of Honda's racing DNA into sheer thrill of street riding. Fully satisfying the needs of riders seeking performance and style in one machine, the powerful higher capacity HET BSVI Engine, best in class features like Golden USD front forks, fully digital negative liquid crystal meter, dual petal disc brakes and aggressive design enhances the overall riding experience. Simply put, Hornet 2.0 is a call out to those who want to FLY AGAINST THE WIND!"
The new Honda Hornet 180 also comes packed with a host of features and equipment, making it an extremely attractive offering in the segment.
Apart from the sporty design with the aggressive creases, body contours and graphics, the Hornet 2.0 also comes with a short muffler, new alloy wheels, alloy footpegs, engine stop switch, hazard lights, all-round LED lighting (headlamps, X-shaped taillights and turn indicators) and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The Honda Hornet 2.0 will be available in a choice of four colours: Pearl Igneous Black, Matte Sangria Red Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic & Matte Marvel Blue Metallic.
Thoughts On The Honda Hornet 2.0 India Launch
The Honda Hornet 2.0 is the brand's debut model in the country's 180 - 200cc motorcycle segment. The latest naked streetfighter from Honda comes with an attractive price tag, while also looking extremely sporty and packed with features, allowing it to take on the rivals in the segment. This includes the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar 180, TVS Apache RTR 200 and the likes.