- 50 min ago Images Of The Third Generation Hyundai i20 Leaked — All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago Hero Xtreme 160R Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
- 4 hrs ago Hero Passion Pro BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,990
- 1 day ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift — All You Need To Know
- News Amit Shah to visit Arunachal on Thursday, to take part in Statehood Day event
- Technology Foxconn Offering Yuan 3,000 Reward To Employees To Resume Work Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Lifestyle B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- Movies Alia Bhatt’s Head Might Explode In Anger; Rangoli Chandel Insults Her In A Series Of Tweets
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup: India edge out West Indies in warm-up match
- Finance 5 Reasons Why Indians Are Increasingly Choosing Gold ETFs For Investment
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) has released a new teaser of the upcoming BS6-compliant Dio scooter in the Indian market. The new Honda Dio BS6 is expected to come with a number of subtle changes and updates, along with a host of additional features as well.
The teaser for the Honda Dio BS6 comes just a day ahead of the start of the Auto Expo 2020. However, the company had already confirmed previously that they will not be participating at the event this time around.
The Honda Dio is a much smarter, stylish and modern looking scooter offering from the brand; compared to the Activa. The Honda Dio scooter comes with sharp lines, attractive body graphics and angular panels, attracting a much younger audience in the Indian market.
The new BS6-compliant version of the scooter seems to follow the same if the teaser video is anything to go by. The teaser video also showcases the Dio carrying forward a similar design and silhouette as the previous models. However, the new BS6 Dio is expected to come with full LED lighting all around, this includes LED DRLs and headlamps on the front cowl and apron, respectively.
We can also expect a revision in terms of the body graphics on the BS6-compliant Dio, while Honda could also offer the scooter in a range of new paint schemes as well; probably even a dual-tone scheme.
In terms of powertrain, the new Honda Dio BS6 is expected to feature the same 110cc single-cylinder engine from the recently introduced Activa 6G. This engine is BS6-compliant and produces 7.6bhp and 8.7Nm of peak torque on the Activa 6G, paired to a CVT automatic gearbox.
The BS6 version of the ‘MotoScooter' as Honda likes to call it, will also feature a fuel-injection system, along with the brand's HET (Honda Eco Technology) and Enhanced Smart Tumble Technology; among a host of others.
Thoughts On The 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Teaser Video
Honda might not be participating at the Auto Expo 2020, however, they still have strong plans for the Indian market in the coming months. The Honda Dio is among the most popular scooter among the younger audience in the 110cc segment.
The Honda Dio BS6 once launched in India will rival the likes of the Yamaha Ray-Z and the Hero Maestro Edge.