- 14 hrs ago Kia Sonet Interiors Spied With Flat Bottom Steering Wheel Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 15 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers A Massive 55% Decline In Domestic Sales
- 17 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected To Launch In India This Month
- 18 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For March 2020: Royal Enfield Registers A Massive Decline Amidst Lockdown
- Technology April Super Pink Moon 2020 To Be Brightest: How To Watch Celestial Event
- News 10 foreigners, who attended Nizamuddin event, tracked down in Bihar
- Movies Shilpa Shetty Writes A Heartfelt Note To Mumbaikars Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown
- Sports Bayern Munich hand Hansi Flick three-year deal
- Lifestyle Why Bats Themselves Don’t Get Infected By Viruses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In April
- Finance COVID-19: Beware Of Fake UPI IDs While Donating To PM-CARES Fund
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Japanese motorcycle and scooter manufacturer, Honda, has announced that the all-new Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin will be launched in India on 5 March. The motorcycle was unveiled last September, and arrives with a host of updates, cosmetic and mechanical.
The most prominent update has been made the engine of the motorcycle. The CRF1100L Africa Twin now features a 1,084cc engine that produces 101 brake horsepower, and 105Nm of torque.
The new engine features aluminum cylinder sleeves and redesigned casings resulting in a reduction of 2.5 kilograms for the manual transmission models, and a reduction of 2.2 kilograms for automatic dual-clutch transmission models.
The motorcycle also features a lighter frame, and the weight loss has resulted in fuel efficiency figures of 20.4kmpl, and 20.8kmpl for the manual and automatic transmission models respectively.
The engine also features four power levels, three levels of electronic engine braking, and seven levels of Honda Selectable Traction Control. The motorcycle also features Honda's wheelie control tech, and a redesigned fairing. The motorcycle features a touchscreen instrument panel that is Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay compatible.
The (HSTC) Honda Selectable Traction Control is powered by a six-axis (IMU) Inertial Measurement Unit. The Honda CRF1100L Africa Trim also gets an upgraded electronics suite.
The 2020 Africa Twin features fur default riding mode options - Tour, Urban, Gravel and Off-Road. Two additional, customisable riding modes allow for rider specific settings.
Suspension duties are handled by Showa 45mm cartridge-type inverted telescopic forks at the front, and an aluminum mono-block suspension that features Pro-Link & a Showa gas-charged damper at the rear.
Honda hasn't made any changes to the wheels of the CRF1100L Africa Twin, and the motorcycle continues to feature a 21-inch wheel at the front, and an 18-inch one at the rear.
Braking duties are handed by 310mm dual wave-type floating hydraulic discs with radial fit 4-piston calipers at the front, and a single 256 mm hydraulic disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS is offered as standard, however, ABS support can be cut off completely at the rear wheel.
The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin is available in Africa Twin and Africa Twin Adventure Sports models. There isn't any information about what models Honda will launch in India.
The current generation Honda Africa Twin model is priced at Rs 13.50 lakh, and we expect the 2020 models to be priced between Rs 14.50 lakh and Rs 16.50 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Launching In India On 5 March
The Africa Twin is a very capable off-roader and offers a fantastic ride experience. We think the new 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin models will do much better than the outgoing models.